Sparlock ? Can somebody ,in a nutshell explain this ? to us oldies ! What does it have to do with the WTB&TS

by smiddy 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m sorry but I am having trouble digesting what is happening here , is it JW of origin ? what`s it`s message ? who is it targeted at ? And what the hell does Sparlock mean ? smiddy

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Check out the "New DVD-Become Jehovahs Friend" thread Smiddy, it explains all....

Paula

• cantleave
  • GeneM
    GeneM

It boils down to the fact that every ex-jw... Especially those raised in it... Have toys or video games or movies or books that were our 'sparlock' in that we were told to get rid of it for BS reasons. Guilt trips, patronizing tones, tenuous reasoning, threats, and hyperbolic rhetoric just like in this new video were aimed at us as kids too. So Sparlock is a symbol. What was your 'Sparlock?'

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

My Sparlock was my draft excluder, which happened to be a 2ft green stuffed snake from Ikea......it freaked out an elder and his wife, and they told me it may be not such a good idea to have it in the house on account of the evil connitations.......I was 39 at the time. Massive FAIL! hahahaha

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

The WT has scored the most massive own goal ever.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

smiddy:

I`m sorry but I am having trouble digesting what is happening here , is it JW of origin ? what`s it`s message ? who is it targeted at ? And what the hell does Sparlock mean ? smiddy

Sparlock is a metafictional (fiction within fiction) toy wizard in an animated story produced by the Watch Tower Society about a child of JWs who is given a 'magic' toy by his friend, but throws it out after his mother convinces him that toy wizards make Jehovah sad.

Sparlock won't make his official Australian debut until the conventions reach Oz in August/September. I have no doubt that many JWs in locations that have not yet had the official release will assume that Sparlock is 'apostate lies'.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

I'm officially advocating that we make Sparlock our version of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

• Sparlock
  • darth frosty
    darth frosty

this is gold!!!

this BORG is so pathetic in their efforts to brain wash pre schoolers they are crfeating a monster they cannot control.

what will happen when sparlock dolls and cartoons are making millions of dollars?

will they sue for copy right infringement?

would they go after the magical sparlock money?

think about it this is the BORGanization that sued to shut down quotes for content infringement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit