Sparlock ? Can somebody ,in a nutshell explain this ? to us oldies ! What does it have to do with the WTB&TS

by smiddy 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

This is a great turn of events. Loved the comments here.

I'll be putting a pic of Sparlock on my farm gate

cheers, unc.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m gobsmacked ! the society actually promoted these clips ? and approves them ? Every child protection agency in the world should see these clips , this goes way beyond parental advise, instruction,or nurturing. If thats not some form of child abuse/manipulation/indoctrination/guilt tripping to minors, I dont know what is. I think we should spread this around far and wide to the greater community for all to see what a cult this religion really is. The leaders/powers that be of this religion,that are in oversight in what gets printed ,or presented via video ,or audio etc.generally have no idea about bringing up children , and letting children BE children , they expect children to respond to a situation the same way an adult would ,and this is ridiculous,these clips bear that out smiddy

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Officially, the video hasn't been released worldwide yet. Given the attention poor Sparlock has received, I wonder if they'll re-dub the audio to remove the name Sparlock in future releases of the DVD.

• poppers
    poppers

You think maybe this early criticism would cause the WT to pull this video, or edit it like Jeffro suggested? Wouldn't that be fun to see? LOL!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

You think maybe this early criticism would cause the WT to pull this video, or edit it like Jeffro suggested?

If they were to redub it, just imagine how much a 'genuine' Sparlock edition would go for on eBay! Especially since it's a "special edition" to start with.

• poppers
    poppers

It looks like they've painted themselves into a corner with non-drying paint.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't want to start any excitement, but it is just possible that something like this is the final nail in the coffin for the WT, I know that the world in general cares not a fart for them, but it is marketing something that damages your brand image that has seen off a number of Corporations.

We can but live in hope.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I don't want to start any excitement, but it is just possible that something like this is the final nail in the coffin for the WT

Not likely. They're already told that the big scary evil media is just out to attack JWs. (Not that I think the media is all puppies and glitter.)

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel
    No, the name Sparlock can't be protected by copyright. But they could possibly sue for trademark infringement or intellectual property rights if someone tried to produce a toy wizard called Sparlock with the same likeness.

Think of the rich irony of Jehovah's organization protecting the trademark of a toy that makes Jehovah sad. Bring it on!

• sacolton

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit