Richard Dawkins is Agnostic?!

by cedars 130 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

Now the only reason I mention 'blind spot' is because tec is so open and so excited about so many other possibilities of life out there in the universe, and he has total understanding that there is so much we cannot even begin to realize that we don't know. But religion (or perhaps just some people in it), seems to have biased tec towards the possibility that there may not be a creator. (and there is .0 chance, of course)

• tec
    tec

I know He is. I have always known, because I have always felt Him. Perhaps that is a gift; perhaps that is simply me acknowledging something that the evidence does not allow me to deny (or both). None of that has anything to do with me being right or wrong, and certainly it has nothing to do with me being smug. Because it has absolutely nothing to do with me being better than anyone else. Often enough, it is quite the opposite.

To deny would be dishonest, though.

May I ask your point in this?

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Putting my name in there doesn't make sense, Still, because those are two opposing views that I do not hold.

Accepting the possibility of life out there (of any and all sorts)... yet being (6.9/7%) adamant that this life could not possibly include the spirit or a creator... this seems conflicting; and like a blind spot.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

I have used reasoning... also not an attitude...............couldn't this be applied to an atheist?

I have evidence... again not an attitude.......................couldn't this be applied to an atheist?

I am right... well, this is an attitude only if you say it WITH attitude......sometimes things can be said in a superficially loving way...and still be said with attitude.

• tec
    tec

I have used reasoning... also not an attitude...............couldn't this be applied to an atheist?
    I have evidence... again not an attitude.......................couldn't this be applied to an atheist?

Sure, why not?

I am right... well, this is an attitude only if you say it WITH attitude......sometimes things can be said in a superficially loving way...and still be said with attitude.

Sure can.

Are you saying something specific to me? Because if you are, I'd rather you spell it out.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

So let me get something clear....

so open and so excited about so many other possibilities of life out there in the universe....

doesn't apply to you?

and he has total understanding that there is so much we cannot even begin to realize that we don't know. .....

doesn't apply to you?

But religion (or perhaps just some people in it), seems to have biased tec towards the possibility that there may not be a creator. (and there is .0 chance, of course) .............

doesn't apply to you?

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Are you saying something specific to me? Because if you are, I'd rather you spell it out.

No, that was a general comment....but was in response to yours.

Just as...I took it...your comment wasn't aimed at me specifically....

• tec
    tec

Those two statements do not connect, Still.

Accepting the possibility of life out there (of any and all sorts)... yet being (6.9/7%) adamant that this life could not possibly include the spirit or a creator... this seems conflicting; and like a blind spot.

It would be like applying the SAME logic to EVERY situation... except for one. That one situation is the blind spot or 'bias'.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking
    I know He is. I have always known, because I have always felt Him...tec

so....you are right

• tec
    tec
    No, that was a general comment....but was in response to yours.
    Just as...I took it...your comment wasn't aimed at me specifically....

Cool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit