Richard Dawkins is Agnostic?!

by cedars 130 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

Hi Phizzy, I only said the debates were pointless to me personally, I don't think that's necessarily the case for others. It may be that what you and I class as "beliefs" are different, but I regard the belief that there is no God as a belief just like any other.

Anyway, this thread is intended to praise atheists who think like Dawkins, it isn't meant to taunt them in any way.

Cedars

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Well this is annoying.

Maybe people should read before they assume. It's obvious none of you have read Dawkins work as he has ALWAYS had this stance. Because this is a scientific stance.

Dawkins also believes fairies don't exist 6.9 out of 7

Dawkins believes there is no flying teapot in space orbit to the degree of 6.9 out of 7

He is not making the point that these things are possible,,but that it is IMPOSSIBLE to disprove anything. To see some people,read this as anything else is just sad. The JW stance on education had had its affect.

Snare

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

You do not know what atheism is cedars, its simply a lack of evidence to suggest that god does exist, therefore we dont believe, not a dogmatic belief without evidence that god does not exist, I hope you theists could at least get this right.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

What's really frustrating is I once felt the same. The desire to believe and defend the bible is so strong I didn't even realise I was doing it. To hear Dawkins say this and hear atheists explain it would have once seemed like they were just finding ways to explain his words to suit them. The reality is you can go to a library, get the god delusion and see exactly what his words mean if you really want to.

I am glad I did and went down that path. I was convinced I was being open minded when I was a JW, so open minded my brains fell out...

I don't think JWs are stupid or christians, however I do believe the indoctrination blunts thinking ability and critical thinking.mjws just went a step further and put the haters onto higher education... What a coincidence that these are the years where critical appraisal are taught.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Atheist say that atheism is not a belief.

But many atheist will give you all the reasons they dont believe

and some of them write books about them, while others quote them.

To me it sounds like an organized system of beliefs, even further it sounds like a religion.

Religion is a collection of cultural systems, belief systems, and worldviews that relate humanity to spirituality and, sometimes, to moral values.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Jo-Jo: You do not know what atheism is Cedars, its simply a lack of evidence to suggest that god does exist, therefore we dont believe, not a dogmatic belief without evidence that god does not exist, I hope you theists could at least get this right.

So, Jo-Jo, you're an atheist who just happens to be confident in the existence of supernatural beings? Outstanding!

• cofty
    cofty

To me it sounds like an organized system of beliefs, even further it sounds like a religion.

This is what happens when people care more about scoring points than actually trying to understand another's point of view.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

James Brown....

Is music a religion? How about retro gaming? Motorcycle enthusiasm ?

Do you believe in fairies James Brown? No.... Are you in a Anti Fairy religion?

Only a childish mind would point a finger at someone Non religious and claim they were just to annoy them.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I respect your point of view.

Its probably more correct than any other religions that I know of.

• James Brown
    James Brown

James Brown....

Is music a religion? How about retro gaming? Motorcycle enthusiasm ?

Do you believe in fairies James Brown? No.... Are you in a Anti Fairy religion?

Only a childish mind would point a finger at someone Non religious and claim they were just to annoy them

I am the kind of person that probably would describe music as a religion if it defined ones way of life.

Same with motor cycles with the Hells angels and other clubs the will tell you they are 1percenters.

Same with some folks and gaming.

Its just the way I express myself, I think many would agree at least people that read or write a lot.

I'm not trying to annoy so much as just put my 2 cents in.

You shouldnt be so sensative.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit