Thank our friends at JW Talk for the Convention Release Scans

by puffthedragon 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I noticed that on the back it says "Printed in USA - Made in Mexico"

Are they using cheaper mexican labor rates? Cheaper then free?

elder-schmelder

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Perhaps the DVD is called "Special Edition" because it has unedited bloopers in in... like Mom's skirt blows up in the wind or Dad cusses a blue streak when he flubs a line.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I'm wondering if this was produced to try to curb the amount of "worldly" cartoon movies that kids are watching. I remember when that stupid Noah DVD came out with the live action and the cheesy animation. I watched it once and was like "okay that was just dumb". But think about it. They're now using more expensive computer animation, much like Pixar. That's what little ones see as animation nowadays. That's what "the world" has trained them to be interested in. The Watchtower has competition for their attention, so they had to produce something that LOOKED familiar that they could use to get into their little minds (ugh...just typing that makes me want to puke...).

I also seem to recall that there were more than a few JW parents who would allow their kids to watch Veggie Tales. This might be something to curb that as well, as Veggie Tales is religious in nature...and in the WTBTS view, FALSE religious in nature.

What gets me is that the ones who actually animated this needed extensive training in the programming used...training that they aren't getting paid for. And it takes a lot of work to animate even one small scene (which is why Disney/Pixar have such a long time frame between movie releases). A lot of hard work goes into brainwashing little kids...and the ones behind it don't see a freakin' dime.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thank you puffthedragon!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit