Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 05-27-2012 WT Review (BEHIND)

by blondie 33 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are afraid that people will look back at a time when their lives were simpler. They were worldly, didn't have to worry about boasting sessions and field circus, and actually had some fun. And now, their lives are a hassle, a drudgery--for nothing. This is so blatant that I didn't even need the stock examples they put out from the LIE-ble to back it up. Of course, it is worthless advice for those who were born into the cancer.

However, that advice is soon going to come back to burn them. For those who were born into the cancer and are now of age, anyone with a computer should be able to do research on the religion and see what a scam it is. At which point, they are as likely to leave the cancer and not look back. Especially now, with Aquarian pressures to do more research and question everything added to the temptation already present, people are going to see what rubbish Christi-SCAM-ity (especially so the witlesses) is, and ditch it altogether and not look back.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Thanks Blondie:

I agree and relate with what St George Of England said..."all because the WTS said the end is so near. Now it has dawned on them (and this includes me) that it's all a load of twaddle they (we) will naturally look back and fantasize."

Sw

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

When you stop and think about it, there really are quite a bit of negative and gloomy thoughts that come up about the past in the life of the average JW. Think of all the disfellowshipping announcements from the platform one has heard over the years. How many people have you seen come and go thru the disciplinary process of the organization and not return? Tears! I’ve seen my share of tears on the faces of many a JW over the years and these aren't tears of joy. And then think of all the broken or failed WT promises. Think of all the do and don’t directives you’ve been given over the years. Talk about Abuse! And then you look at your ‘worldly‘ neighbor and see how much happier he is than you. You think-what a waste!!

Any wonder the Society would rather we “not look at the things behind?”

Thank you Blondie for all you do.

• iclone
    iclone

Great review Blondie and all the other comments were outstanding!

I too was struck by paragraph 11;

"Now time has passed, and the end has not yet arrived. Do you fantasize about what could have happened had you not made those sacrifices?"

Notice they conveniently do not quantify the amount of "time". When it is to their advantage they always use specific periods of time like when they refer to the amount of time JW's have been heralding God's Kingdom or other significat dates unique to the WTS such as 1914, 1931 etc. The WTS almost always will define the amount of years that they have been pursuing this goal. Yet in this instance they simply generalize it with “time had passed”. It would be far too incriminating to for example review the warning of higher education that appeared in the May 22 nd 1969 Awake. Imagine if paragraph 11 went something like this;

11 Sad to say, some look back on sacrifices they made in the past and view them as missed opportunities. Perhaps you had opportunities for higher education, for prominence, or for financial security, but you decided not to pursue them. Many of our brothers and sisters have left behind lucrative positions in the fields of business, entertainment, education, or sports. For example back in the May 22 1969 we received clear warning from the “Faithful Slave” to avoid the pitfalls of pursuing higher education. Now some FOURTY THREE years later and the end has not yet arrived. Do you fantasize about what could have happened had you not made the choice to sacrifice a higher education?

Of course we all know this will never happen, but I on the other hand can point this out to loved ones and those that have the propensity to actually use their God given minds!

• TOTH
    TOTH

Thanks Blondie!

• Room 215
    Room 215

Yet, what about the recent announcement in a kool-aid WT edition that they've begun to archive and catalogue Society memorabilia from the Russell/Rutherford era, soliciting submissions from local JWs.... how is that not succumbing to nostalgia for the "good old days" when the drivel they published had a modicum of plausiiblit, before the inexorable ticking of the clock invalidated it all, post 1914, post 1975, etc.?

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

Nice summary Blondie.

Here is a recording of this article given as a talk at the District Convention by the Convention Overseer. He hit it pretty hard IMO.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5asyzp

• Quendi
    Quendi

I've always enjoyed your summaries, Blondie, and they make me all the happier that I haven't set foot inside a Kingdom Hall for two years now and never will again. I pity those whom I still love who are trapped inside this putrid organization and I marvel that I stayed for more than thirty years. Having made good my own escape, I want to help others if I can, but that means not throwing myself in with them.

I marvel at how the WTS can be blind to its own evil. As many have pointed out, for more than thirteen decades, this organization has been telling its followers that the End is coming "soon", is "at hand", is "very close", is "just ahead", is "rapidly approaching". It has used its false prophesies to dash the hopes of millions, to stunt their spiritual, emotional and intellectual growth, to divert the normal flow of their lives into a polluted and stagnant reservoir of uselessness. I can only hope that the words of the Bible will eventually be visited upon it and the WTS will 'reap what it has sown'. Maybe I'll be alive to see this, and if I am I will fall upon my knees thanking God because justice will at last have been served.

Quendi

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Speculate! Did I just see the word ‘speculate’ used in this WT study article?

Par 13 begins: ‘What will help us if we find ourselves starting to speculate about so-called missed opportunities?’

The WTS has a lot of nerve cautioning the rank and file against speculating about the past when its’ been the Society’s own sinful bad habit of speculating about the future that has caused the flock to miss out on so many opportunities in life.

iclone’s comment about the May 22, 1969 Awake regarding higher education is a good example: The Society speculated back then that a specialized career through a college education would not do any good cause in a few years this system would be gone. And that was 43 years ago! WOW! Did the Society miss the mark on that one or what?

• heathen
    heathen

Yah the only higher education they accept is being a lawyer that defends their BS in court. I have nothing against blue collar workers but to sit there and be that condescending is really sick . They are really rubbing it in with remarks like that . Once again they miss the opportunity to show their appreciation for what the RF do to further the cause but as we saw last week they tried to guilt everyone into giving more money instead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit