It makes me sick that Jehovahs Witnesses Kids cannot play organized sports but it is okay for them to watch others play.

by Iamallcool 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
  • Think About It
    Think About It

JW kids can play organized sports if the parents have the gumption to allow them. Of course your family will not get any petty "privileges", and your family might get ostracized by the self-righteous ones, but it is a once in a lifetime time thing that will forever be gone if you allow the JW's & WTS to steal that from your family.

Think About It

• wasblind
    wasblind

Witness kids are trained to watch life, pass them by

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wow wasblind. that was really spot on

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

One of the first things my "unbelieving" father did when my mom started taking me to meetings in the seventies was sign me up for little league baseball. I think it was a great idea on his part, unfortunately I sucked and still do suck at sports. Not a big help in the end.

The main thing is, they discourage sports to separate you from society. Same with birthdays and all the other shit. The more separated from society you are, the more control they will have.

Personally, I don't think organized sports are the be-all-and-end-all for every kid. Some kids just aren't up to it. But helping in charity work, joining a club or working on some sort of project with your kids can have a huge impact on them. Sports aren't for everyone. They weren't for me, and not just because I as a JW.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thanks Wha Happened

I hate bein' harsh, it's not how I like to operate

the sad fact is, gentle words don't always work

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I didn't consider that statement as harsh. More like a stark reality.

• Gothicus
    Gothicus

For the most part playing school sports team is ok in my cong.

• Valentines
    Valentines

I used to play Little League until one of the witnesses convinced me my time would be better spent doing things for Jehovah. Boy do I regret quitting baseball...

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

My dad signed me and my other brother up for baseball. I played from age of 5 to age 10. My dad was an unbeliever. I don't think my mom minded. She would occasionally help out at the concession stand and she would go to my games if she wasn't working or at a meeting so I assume she had no problem with it. That was the extent of my organized team sports though. Its a shame. If I had played football in high school, I probably would have become a pretty darn good receiver. I'm not the biggest guy but I got height and really good hands.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit