I'm curious...........how many of you are going out in Field Service tomorrow? I'm serious.

by La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!! 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

What kind of presentations do you use when you don't believe?

I have some ideas of how you could do it without lying to anyone:

Insist that you do your doors alone and make your partner wait at the sidewalk. Tell them you have been experiencing some fear of man so you need to conquer your fear by going alone, if that works.

Then knock on the door and when the householder opens say, "Listen, sorry to bother you, I came today because I am having serious doubts about my religion, and though I don't believe in it anymore I am trapped in a situation where my family would shun me if I were to come out as not believing it anymore, so if you could just wave at my partner out on the sidewalk and give them a thumbs up I would really appreciate it. And I promise I won't bother you again."

• finally awake
    finally awake

"So many of you are gonna be toast on the Great Day of Jehovah, you inactive bastards."

Yummmm I like toast

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

ElderElite - Please....you've really intrigued me. So the kids are in on it....but not Mrs. EE? I understand how you get away with meeting for field circus but then going to do "RVs" with your kids. But every week?

I was never an elder....and actually not even an MS. But I was at one point an uber dub (except for going out in service on Christmas.....I drew the line there). And us uber dubs knew who was out each week and who wasn't. If ElderElite only showed up once per month for service....we would know about it. And the rest of the hall would know about it. And then the elder body would know about it and you'd be asked why you only meet w/ the group once per month. Your eldership (at least around here) might be subject to meeting for service each Saturday. Now.....if you had some prior duty you could get away with missing most of them. For instance.....we have one elder who misses almost each Saturday because he has to work. But.....he makes up for it by always leading the Wed morning group. The point being.....for every elder....there is almost always a weekly presence for field circus on SOME day of the week. I am just very surprised that you haven't beed called out for almost never meeting with the group for service.

What about when the CO comes.....or when the annoying service overseer says "Brother ElderElite......let's make plans to go in service together next week."?

What about when territories are checked out? Do you check out one territory every other month....and then just turn it back in and say it is complete? (I've done that!)

Again....I would think that eventually there would be murmurings. Brother Zealous saying "you know.....Brother ElderElite turns in 10 hours per month....and I understand that sometimes he does RVs with his kids....but how does he get the rest of his time? I've never worked with him. Brother Haughty has never worked with him. Nobody has ever worked with him. Hmmmmm"

Especially being an elder.....you're in the spotlight. Am I crazy or is it only a matter of time before you get busted?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit