Did anyone find the movie The Grey slightly offensive?

by Chemical Emotions 37 Replies latest social entertainment

• steve2
    steve2
    The same thing with Harrison Ford. He has an intense anger scene in every picture he's been in for the last twenty years. He phones it in.

LOL. My thoughts exactly. Harrison Ford's public persona is also that of one hell of an angry man. I've seen him on talk shows angrily responding to the host's innocent questions and thought, "Hell, man, if you don't want to answer pretty straightforward questions about your latest movie, and become so angry, don't go on TV!". I loved the scene in the film Bruno where Bruno confronts Harrison Ford in a real life situation, hoping to interview him. Ford roughly pushes directly past bruno, cursing "F@*k off!" as he does so, disappearing into the dark. Sums up the man perfectly: A walking, talking negative lump of anger and hostility.

Yes, no competition: Liam has far greater acting range by comparison. I never think imagine Liam is simply being himself on screen, whereas Harrison Ford is.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Woa woa woa.... Seriously????? Neison over ford???? Are you people daft??????

Compare Han Solo to qui gon jin.

Case closed. Ford by a landslide.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I agree with Hemp on this one. I knew when I bought my ticket it was for entertainmen, I didn't leave the movie thinking that wolves were evil. I thought it ironic that the whole time they wanted to flee them they were in fact walking to the den.

I was reminded of mass conciousness - people ""want"" to get out of povety, crime, debt, bad relationships - whatever but keep heading on the same course with a few pity parties held inbetween and eventually are totally engulfed in that identity that they ""die"".

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Every wolf I've talked to said they didn't care for it.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Dingos gave this movie 5 stars.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Lol@ keyser and nomad soul!

LouBelle: Well perhaps I'm over-reacting a bit, then.

"Woa woa woa.... Seriously????? Neison over ford???? Are you people daft??????

Compare Han Solo to qui gon jin.

Case closed. Ford by a landslide."

My thoughts exactly. Always loved Han Solo. Far superior.

• Quentin
    Quentin

The movie was tedious. The acting lame. The wolves were not shown in full from and as with Jaws the wolves were shown to have an IQ far above their human counter parts. The eating scene was absurd and did not add an iota of sense to the narrative.

I sat through this stink bomb to see how it would end. It didn't end, it stopped. Good thing I saw it at home via Netflix, otherwise had I been in a theater probably would have shot my way to the door.

Bad story, bad plot, bad acting. I give it a -7.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I agree with Quentin. Just all-around BAD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit