"DON'T BE AFRAID TO DIE FOR THE TRUTH"

by Mary 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Storm
    Storm
    "My JW sister was over tonight for supper and after a couple of glasses of vino she told me that "today's Watchtower study was bullshit" and that one of the 'elite elders' made a comment that bothered her a great deal.

He was apparently at Bethel not too long ago and "one of the big-wigs" who was giving a talk said "Don't be afraid of dying for the Truth brothers" and this jackass was stupid enough to repeat this at the meeting."

It sounds like she's on her way out...

Three years, any updates on her exodus from Jehovah's organization?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome Storm ,

look forward to more of your posts , just be careful not to divulge too much information about yourself.

The friends you find here are not conditional to whatever view you hold .

Enjoy your stay.

smiddy

• clarity
    clarity

I miss Mary ......very cool lady!

clarity

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think I'd rather live for the (lower-case-t) truth.

x

And I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time imagining the GB putting their lives on the line for anything. And if a leader gives orders that he himself wouldn't follow...

...well, he's no leader.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    They won't even show up in court for the Truth
  • kairos
    kairos

Nicely put.

They won't even show up in court for the Truth
  • Storm
    Storm

The point of the issue I raised here was obviously missed.

People here read various passages in the Watchtower Society's literature without a simple application of what's been said;

*** g00 6/22 p. 4 The Manipulation of Information ***

Many respond to this pressure by absorbing messages more quickly and accepting them without questioning or analyzing them.

You may ask yourself who converses with their relatives that are active members of a congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses in such a manner.

Anyone who uses profanity to describe what they hear at congregation meetings is obviously on the threshold of leaving this organization.

Maybe the departure of this woman from Jehovah's organization was made known somewhere in this forum by the author of the opening post. If so, I stand corrected.

If not, this women is lying and concocting conjecture to tickle the ears of her cronies.

If people will lie about their own family and personal circumstances, how much more so will they lie about anything and everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit