"DON'T BE AFRAID TO DIE FOR THE TRUTH"

by Mary 46 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "And yet all those GB never die young, they always die old, really old. One has to wonder why none of them are ever cut in their prime and show their faith ?! ..." mP, page #1

That's because the Gov.Bod members are at the molly-coddled marshmallow center of the organization, and extra-special careful care is taken of THEM - including the best medical care provided by medical doctors with REAL medical degrees, not just the stuff picked up in the Awake! and Watchtower magazines...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

"DON'T BE AFRAID TO DIE FOR THE TRUTH"

What that really is saying don't be afraid of upholding or dieing over the WTS. doctrines,

are words and bible interpretations have been sanctified from god himself.

• flipper
    flipper

Mary , very good thoughts. " Don't be Afraid to Die For The Truth " . Translation : If we - your WT society leaders deem it appropriate for you to die on behalf of Jehovah's Organization , don't worry- there's always the resurrection. Twisted turds. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Anne Marie 1925
    Anne Marie 1925

If only Watchtowerites could "hear" the term, "Watchtower," rather than, "The Truth"; they just might "get it"!!!

Hail, Watchtower!!!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

God puts power into men's hands and corruption will usually profuse out of that, has since gods were first created.

Lies to support other lies made by the same people.

• Mary
    Mary
    LongHairGal said: Mary: It always disturbed me to hear talk along those lines and I always wondered if the person spouting this garbage about dying for the religion applied this to themselves as well. Or, are they just expecting the other suckers to do it?

In theory it of course applies to the GB (after all, aren't they supposed to be 'Christs brethren'? Aren't they supposed to be martyrs for their faith? I often wonder how well Rutherfraud would have held up in a Nazi concentration camp---you know, the kind that the R&F Witness was subjected to.

They're losing control and it infuriates them. Not-so-subtle suggestions like this one is paving the road for who-knows-what kind of mentality down the road. They've already forced thousands of Witnesses to commit suicide with their ban on blood transfusions, but I have an uneasy feeling that they may have something even bigger (and worse) down the line.

10 years ago when I first joined this site I remember someone asking whether or not we thought the Organization could ever pull a Jim Jones. Even though I thought they were a bit nuts, I emphatically stated that I couldn't ever see them pulling a stunt like that. Now I'm not so sure. They've become more fanatical, more obstinate and far more pious over the last decade and I don't put too much past them anymore.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Creating lies to support the proclamation that the WTS. is the Truth guided by god himself is the underlining agenda for the leaders

of the WTS. Corporation. Unfortunately thousands have needlessly died by this supposed Truth that was never there in the first place.

Men playing with the power of god in their hands can really be a dangerous thing.

• flipper
    flipper

I have felt for awhile now- the last several years- that the WT society could easily pull a " Jim Jones " on it's members if it gets desperate enough to protect it's $$$$$ assets. It's what it's all about to the WT society baby

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Logistically, I do not see how they could pull off a Jonestown scenario.

But if they could, that makes us the ones that left prior to it getting that bad, yes, we're the smart ones.

Even if it never comes to that, we are still the smart ones. Now literally, give yourself a pay on the back for having critical thinking skills enough to get out of this Cult, the Cult that still has 7 million people blinded to the real truth.

I'm new at being out, so some days I just look up at the beauty of the clouds in the sky and just say someting like "Wow! I'm out!!I made it out!! and my children will never have to go through this like I did!!"

To think that a few years ago I might have given my one and only life for a belief system of old men is very hard to swallow.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

irondork:

Before you die for the truth, DON'T BE AFRAID TO LIST THE WTS IN YOUR WILL.

Bit off topic, but this made me think about the Watch Tower Society being increasingly... let's say... brazen... about asking for money. Since 1984, each year, The Watchtower has had an article asking for donations. In addition to the ever-present "Contributions",

• In 1984 (December 1 issue) they said they accepted Gifts, 'Gifts with Special Provisions', Insurance, and Wills
    • From 1985, they renamed 'Gifts with Special Provisions' to the 'Conditional Donation arrangement'
    • From 1987, they added Trusts
    • From 1991, they listed Wills and Trusts together, and also added Bank Accounts, Stocks and Bonds, and Real Estate
    • From 1996 (moved to November 1 issue), they listed Gifts under Contributions, and listed Insurance, Wills and Trusts, Bank Accounts, Stocks and Bonds and Real Estate under the label, Charitable Planning
    • From 2001, they added Gift Annuities
    • From 2008, they moved the 'ask for money' article to the Study Edition.

So before you go dying, make sure you leave everything to the Society. (Compare Mark 7:11-13)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit