The Predictions Thread

by cedars 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

I believe they'll (grudgingly) be compelled come to terms with the evolution, age-of-man issues over the next decade; after all Russell allowed for the possibility of evolution, with the exception of humans. The only alternative is increased marginalization.

• Room 215
    Room 215

"ScenicViewer - if anything, I can see the new worldwide HQ becoming the permanent compound of the Governing Body once the organization shrinks to an almost infinitesimal size." like a Hitlerian bunker, circa 1945?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Interesting thought on evolution/age of man, but I cannot imagine these literalists adopting such a thing within the next ten years.

Cedars - further on the increasing partakers: Just as a complete guess - if you offered a free choice to a group of 7,000,000 people - and they could choose between being one of the elite and one of the ordinary (and nothing would happen to you really, if you said your were elite) -

How many do you think would choose to say they are the elite? Just 3% is not an unreasonable number, IMHO. That would be 210,000 of the present day members - enough to totally blow wide open the literal 144,000 teaching.

I had not thought of it when I posted before, but could it be totally out of the question to just keep all the same "two classes" and "annointed" doctrines - but have the New Light shine forth that the 144,000 number was figurative after all?

• cedars
    cedars

I had not thought of it when I posted before, but could it be totally out of the question to just keep all the same "two classes" and "annointed" doctrines - but have the New Light shine forth that the 144,000 number was figurative after all?

No, that's not completely inconceivable by a long stretch. In fact, it's worthy of a place on our list of predictions! It neatly solves all problems related to rising memorial partakers, and preserves the uniqueness of the Governing Body.

You heard it here first folks. The Governing Body will declare the 144,000 a literal number after all!

Cedars

• james_woods
    james_woods

You meant to type "figurative", right, Cedars?

• cedars
    cedars

Yes, figurative! That's what happens when I type faster than I think...

So, just to be clear...

Let it be known - as the number of memorial partakers continues to rise, the Governing Body will declare the 144,000 a figurative number!

Cedars

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, we have no way of knowing what wild hair this GB will pull out of their annointed butts next - but I will go with that as the Cedars/James wild ass guess prediction for - what shall we say?

Sometime within the next decade?

• cedars
    cedars

we have no way of knowing what wild hair this GB will pull out of their annointed butts next

ew, you just gave me a very unpleasant mental image - thanks for that!

Yep, next 10 years sounds reasonable. I'll put my name to that! If it fails, heck, we're just following the lead of the anointed!

Thanks for lending your support to this thread james. If it can be half as popular as your daft wibble thing, I'll be a happy man!

Cedars

• james_woods
    james_woods

Wibble helps me develop these brilliant predictive ideas, Cedars.

Wibble is sort of like a dream-state for the creative mind.

Without the peyote.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Cedars said,

"It wouldn't surprise me if this [shrinking organizational needs] has already been factored into the design [at Warwick] as a contingency.

That makes a degree of sense. The GB can see the trend that is underway and can predict needs for the future as well as posters here can.

However I was thinking the Society may use the strategy that has been mentioned on this board, which is to build up property with the idea of selling for a profit in the future. If properties are designed and built in a way that they can be useful to other corporations, which has been suggested here a few times, it would make for a fairly easy sale in the future and the organization could reap multi-millions of dollars in profits. Then build again for very little.

Donations are suffering, a condition that will probably worsen in the future. Watchtower needs a cash cow. The current sale of the Brooklyn buildings will reap steep financial rewards, even if sold below the asking price, which can be invested and used to carry the organization far into the future, but not forever.

Since guidance by holy spirit has now been taken out of the loop at Watchtower, as shown by your excellent thread here, that leaves the powers-that-be free to make decisions based solely on business and profit based criteria. If other properties have been built to be 'flipped' easily in the future, why not the world headquarters too?

If such a thing happened, it would not be soon, but a few decades away, at which time the current move from Brooklyn would be a faint memory in the minds of the majority of Witnesses at that future time.

Just my speculations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit