Evidence for God...

by tec 251 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

Jesus did not make up the bible or the bible god.....And people die for their beliefs all the time....does this prove they are all right?

There is no evidence that the people or person who invented the bible god died for their beliefs.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Still-thinking, there is evidence a man name "Jesus of Nazareth" who made the claim to be the "Jewish Messiah" died at the hands of Pilate. 60-40, Sixty Bible Books and Forth Authors wrote God's word under inspiration, I have no problem with this belief.

Can you elaborate on your last sentence, are you saying "There is not evidence the God of the Bible died for his beliefs"?

• still thinking
    still thinking

Are you saying Jesus is God Bubblegum...is that a trinity idea? Just trying to clarify what you are asking.

Is Jesus God?

Come to think of it...tec, do you believe Jesus is God? or just died for his belief in God?

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

I don't believe in the Trinity, so I don't believe the God of the Bible, died for humanity.

"There is no evidence that the people or person who invented the bible god died for their beliefs."

I don't understand what you are saying, can you exlain this sentence for me.

• still thinking
    still thinking

who was the first person who invented the god of the bible? Did they die for their belief? How can anyone prove that?

All the other books were written by people who believed what that first person said, someone initiated the belief in the bible god..

No different from me dying for the belief in Jesus today....I did not create the idea, it was taught to me...I would be dying for what someone else wrote and created...true or not? That is still unproven.

And where did Jesus get his belief from? Was it really because god was HIS father? or did he learn it then interpret it in his own way? Who knows. Either way, god was not HIS creation....he did not die for His idea about god...someone else taught him to believe in god. Religion taught him.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    There is not evidence the God of the Bible died for his beliefs"?...bubblegum

Sorry, I think this is where you confused me with the trinity idea. I never said that...I thought you were.

I said this....

There is no evidence that the people or person who invented the bible god died for their beliefs....still thinking

Did god write the bible? Or did man? Who was the first man to come up with this particular flavour of God? As opposed to all the other flavours of god that have existed. Did that person die for their belief? Who knows....do you?

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

The first man to receive orders to write Jehovah's commandments and wisdom for mankind "Moses". The other flavors of the day, Egyptian gods were plentiful, Canaanite had their gods, Indus Valley and former area of USSR, China, worshiped different deities at this time frame.

Hebrew Scriptures were penned by prophets of old, Moses, Joshua, Jeremiah, prophets who were told to write Jehovah's words.

Greek Scriptures, Luke, John, Matthew, Paul, Peter wrote what the Holy Spirit ordered them to write! Every Apostle died (expect John) by Martyrdom, they really had faith in what they preached!

Did Jews did for their belief in Jehovah, yes, there were faithful men who refused to worship Baal, Molech, Malcum, Tammuz, Ra.

One example, the "Maccabean Revolt" costed many Jews there lives, fighting the ruler who slaughter a pig on Jehovah's temple.

" Antiochus pursued a zealous Hellenizing policy. He made possession of the Torah a capital offense and burned the copies he could find.[6] He banned many traditional Jewish religious practices: Jewish sacrifice was forbidden, sabbaths and feasts were banned. Circumcision was outlawed, and mothers who circumcised their babies were killed along with their families.[7] Altars to Greek gods were set up and animals prohibited to Jews were sacrificed on them. The idol of Olympian Zeus was placed on the altar of the Temple. The motives of Antiochus are unclear. He may have been incensed at the overthrow of his appointee, Menelaus,[3] or he may have been responding to an orthodox Jewish revolt that drew on the Temple and the Torah for its strength[1] and encouraged by a group of radical Hellenizers among the Jews.[8]"

Wiki Maccabees http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maccabees

• still thinking
    still thinking

The Old Testament consists of a large number of separate books collected together into a single volume. In most cases the author of each book is unknown, although tradition or scholarly research may point to an author.

The Pentateuch (Books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) are traditionally believed to have been written by Moses, although the books themselves do not suggest Moses to be the author. Most modern scholars do not believe Moses to have been the author of these books, and generally accept that they were written by a number of anonymous authors, principally those now known as the Yahwist (J source), Elohist (E source), Deuteronomist (D source) and the Priestly source (P source).

Jeaus in the NT claims that the books were written by moses....but is that really the case? Or was that just what he was taught?

So who wrote these first book pointing to God as we know him? Did he/they die for their belief?

• still thinking
    still thinking

I have just realised what I said above....if Moses did not write the first 5 books of the bible...but Jesus says he did....how credible does that make Jesus?

• tec
    tec

Jesus did not make up the bible or the bible god.....And people die for their beliefs all the time....does this prove they are all right?

Still, we weren't talking about someone dying for their beliefs. Beliefs don't have to be true for someone to die for them... they just have to be believed. But we were talking about someone dying for a belief they knew was bogus because they invented it themselves.

If someone invents something themselves....it is not much of a prophesy to suggest that people will figure out it was made up. Still

It is inevitable....still thinking

Assuming someone invented it themselves...tec.
    Are you assuming they didn't? What evidence do you have? LOL Still
    You don't usually die for something you know is bogus, because you made it up yourself. Tec

Christ is the one who questioned if he would find faith on the earth when he returned. (and a couple others of those who followed Him) So they didn't prophecy against someone finding out his 'invention' was false because you don't usually die for a belief you made up, yourself. Same with the others who followed Him, and died for/because of their faith.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit