If you were a Witness, when did you realize the Governing Body was apostate?

by matt2414 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• clarity
    clarity

There had been many years of throwing myself into the chaos & stress of wt life ... thinking all along that my reluctance was my fault, my lack of faith!!

and then ... the house of cards started falling down ... one lie at a time!

>

#1 the April W 2010 ... the latest generation teaching that "jesus evidently meant two generations overlapping"!

Meanwhile all those born around 1914 who were supposed to LIVE FOREVER were now ........... dead!

#2 hearing about the peodophiles & active homosexuallity right inside bethel in NY & then checking this stuff out on the INTERNET! OMG!

#3 Checking out the stories of Beth Sarim & Beth Shan & the bomb shelters @ 4440 Braeburn Rd San Diego Ca

.... which led to...

#4 Rutherford! Learning all about him!

#5 Finding out that ... 7 old men who didn't even know I was alive, were my mediators! 1979 W!

#6 Stopped handing in that dumb slip of paper forever!

#7 finally found JWN

#8 bought Ray Franz COC!

#9 saw all the cover-ups for their failed "prophecies" .... all the changed wording in the older literature!!

Still digging ... will stop soon!

clarity

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

When the GB took side of child abuser elders and beat the crab out of the victims of abusive elders. I knew then it is not God's holy spirit but the spirit of lie that lead the GB. The WTS has been operated by con artists.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

For me it was the UN/NGO controversy. I just couldn't believe at first that the WTBTS would actually become a member of the UN, the scarlet colored beast of revelation.

I was shocked, I mean seriously shocked. After all, any of us would have been DF'd if we just went to the YMCA to go swimming, but they claimed that they joined for a "library card".

Give me a fucking break! What hypocrisy. Still it took me 7 or 8 years to make my exit and it was a messy one at that. Then another two years to finally realize what complete liars and hypocrites the WT leaders are. The more I tried to prove to myself that they were right, the more I found out they are wrong, about virtually everything.

They should be in jail.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The way they skirted the pedo issue really annoyed me. I saw the lies in the court documents. BY the time the NGO thng hit, I was convinced that the GB just lies

• blondie
    blondie

The Watchtower has consistentlypresented evidencethat Jesus' presence in heavenly Kingdom power began in 1914. Events since that year testify to Jesus' presence. (WT 1993 January 15, p. 5)

But that same year in the Proclaimers book the WTS said which got me researching:

***Proclaimers book jv chap. 28 p. 632 Testing and Sifting From Within ***

Based on the premise that events of the first century might find parallels in related events later, they also concluded that if Jesus’ baptism and anointing in the autumn of 29 C.E. paralleled the beginning of an invisible presence in 1874, then his riding into Jerusalem as King in the spring of 33 C.E. would point to the spring of 1878 as the time when he would assume his power as heavenly King.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Blondie, you misunderstand the meaning of the word "consistent."

You see the WTBTS is CONSISTENTLY inconsistent, evidently!

Do you understand now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit