If you were a Witness, when did you realize the Governing Body was apostate?

by matt2414 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

In the Bethel dining room during lunch, I asked my table "What if Armageddon comes before a certain person learns the truth. Will they be killed, then resurrected as unrighteous, or will they survive like righteous ones, but have no idea why? Like if they lived in some remote land witnesses will never get to?"

They all replied in one way or another "They will be killed". So I asked "How does that make sense? What scripture can you show me that justifies that?"

The best answer was "When that time comes, ALL will know who Jehovah is, and will make their decision."

So I told them, "It is a FACT Witnesses are growing at a lot slower rate than the world population. So there's going to be many who will live and die whom never talk to witnesses. If Jehovah is going to miraculously show everyone who He is and allow them to make a clear decision, why do we preach then? Why are we at Bethel? Jehovah will do it infinite times better and thoroughly. Why do we do RV's, not-at-homes, etc. Jehovah will reach them better than we all can. Our human effort is pointless." No clear answer. "We will have to see".

I also asked another day (that same week) why can't we have beards. I got the spiel about dignity. So I asked if CT Russel had one, and got many to listen to his message, why should it be different in our day when people view beards more liberally. And is not Jehovah more powerful than my beard? Would he not read the hearts and draw those whom are His regardless of my appearance?

I was sincerely genuine, but I was a thinker.

The clincher was I was giving a public talk. It was about relying on Jehovah. I was telling the audience to hear what Jehovah is saying by reading His Word. To really listen to Him. After the talk, I thought, when I'm reading the Word, and Jehovah is talking to me (as the society teaches), what authority do I have to say "Hey Jah, I know this is what you're telling me, but it isn't in print yet, so imma leave that alone". Would that not be equivalent to telling God to shut up while the GB is talking? If I really wanted to know God, I had to use the means Jesus promised, the helper, the Holy Spirit. NOT a wachtower article from men with a high rate of error.

Game Over.

• irondork
    irondork

Nice, RubberMallet.

Many points that have been brought up in this thread have occurred to me at one time or another, but I was unable to put my finger on it and identify it as eloquently as some of you folks have done here.

This is a great thread for lurkers and newcomers. These "we're the same" experiences will help lubricate old rusty cogs and get some heads spinning in the right direction.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Now that I've been out for a while, I can see there's a whole damn zoo in there and everyone inside is afraid to talk about it.

Yes they are afraid to talk about it (openly), but I see more and more active JWs who ARE talking about it, but very quietly and only in select groups of close friends. Even "old timers" who are wondering WTF is going on. They were not supposed to get old. But they are. They were not supposed to die (Millions now living......). But they are.

Yes, they are becoming aware of the elephant(s).

Doc

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

" Would that not be equivalent to telling God to shut up while the GB is talking? If I really wanted to know God, I had to use the means Jesus promised, the helper, the Holy Spirit. NOT a wachtower article from men with a high rate of error."

MC RubberMallet

• MC RubberMallet
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

MC RubberMallet said: "So I told them, "It is a FACT Witnesses are growing at a lot slower rate than the world population."

Our C.O. recently said in the public talk: 'There's about 7.6 million Jehovah's Witnesses in the world. The world's population is 7 billion. It used to be that the ratio was 1 witness per thousand people, but the rates are improving now. Jehovah's Witnesses are growing at a faster rate than the world's population.'

So, doing the math, the ratio is now just 1 witness per 921 people, so JWs must be right!

This same C.O. said that many people claim that there are more people in this religion or that religion than JWs. He said that JWs have more ministers than any other religion. 7.6 million active ministers. The Catholics only have about 400,000. So, JWs have more.

Jaw-dropping, to say the least. It was a completely "us vs. them" sort of week when he was here.

• Robert7
    Robert7

For me it was the Governing Body worship. Every prayer, every WT article, most talks talk about the Governing Body. I remember a talk talking about sports, and if you spend too much time, energy and focus on sports, that's idolatry. To me the Governing Body worship was so much that I thought it was idolatry. That's when my mind finally opened up and I realized they were full of it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I always thought they were idiots at times but it was still the thruth(TM) and they were 'just imperfect men'(TM).

Then one day I saw how my family was being treated badly because of rules from the GB/WBT$.

I at first thought Satan had entered the GB.

I now know it is simply a scam all along. A pyramid business publishing corporation pretending to be a religion.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Now that I think of it, it did smell like if there was an elephant in the room from the beginning, and I even saw its snout from time to time. I think deep down I always dreamed of leaving and I am very grateful that I did. It wasn’t that easy, I was too afraid of apostates, but once you see TTATT, there is no coming back.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

This same C.O. said that many people claim that there are more people in this religion or that religion than JWs. He said that JWs have more ministers than any other religion. 7.6 million active ministers. The Catholics only have about 400,000. So, JWs have more.

They say that, but how many of those 7.6 million ministers have baptised and made a disciple of someone, as Jesus commanded? Answer that, and you have the real number of ministers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit