Massive faculty resignations at Georgia Baptist college requiring them to sign pledge against homosexuality

by cantleave 23 Replies latest social current

• james_woods
    james_woods

Exactly, New Chapter.

Somebody in the Ferrari club claims that Travolta would like to come out (being bi), but he is more afraid of the Hollywood machine dropping him as an action hero than he is of the Scientologists.

I have no way of knowing - but the Scientologists are extremely controlling.

• designs
    designs

jw- Let's see how the Log Cabin wing of the GOP does if Romney wins. Romney's Church is openly anti-marriage for gays and tells their homosexual members to live as brother and sister, and Mitt didn't stand up for a team member when the pressure was on, he is weak on Civil Rights protection in my opinion.

I'll draw a loose comparison, when I was up for Trial on the Draft the Watchtower Society threw me under the bus, cut and run, Romney did the same in this case.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

James, that rumor has been around for many years. Twenty years ago when I read a huge article on Scientology they suggested that Scientologists court the famous and then get something embarrassing on them to keep them in their place. I haven't heard any similar rumors about Cruise---but in the end they are only rumors. Personally I really can't see the Hollywood crowd dropping Travolta from action flicks after a lifetime with a solid career. That would call them out as the greatest hypocrites ever---and I'm sure some ARE hypocrites. I just don't see this as hurting him, if it is true. But he should just handle it as he wishes. And it may not be true. I just never felt the need to be consumed by an actor's personal life. NC

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am not sure that I believe it either - but there has been some evidence in the form of law cases settled out of court with a silence clause in the case of Travolta. Years ago.

I agree that it is pretty unlikely that it would affect an acting career today - after all, this is not the era of Rock Hudson.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit