Massive faculty resignations at Georgia Baptist college requiring them to sign pledge against homosexuality

by cantleave 23 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

Purging Liberty American Fundamentalist style, expect more to come.

An American intellectual couldn't stay in Romney's campaign because his great 'sin' was being homosexual.

• jgnat
    jgnat

A college cannot easily recover from a resignation of this size. They will have a lot of trouble attracting talent. The college may have just signed away it's eventual demise.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Be fair, Designs - Romney is not a gay hater. This is a manufactured charge done for understandable political reasons.

• designs
    designs

jgnat- They will have 'Creationists' lined up around the block to take those jobs sadly enough for the students.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I have to say, I have been pretty stunned at how quickly people have been changing their view on this. It feels like critical mass has been reached---with the expected conservative backlash. Nothing will prevent this from tipping anymore, and that is going drive some people nuts. Obama did a really decent thing when he simply came out in support of SSM. It's amazing to watch this.

NC

• james_woods
    james_woods

That is correct, New Chapter. The horse is already out of the barn, and it is not going back.

Dare we say that perhaps this will be the year when John Travolta and Tom Cruise come out of the closet?

• designs
    designs

jw- And anyone who values liberty would they want to be associated with this 'understandable political' bunch?

NC- Its 1964 and the lines are clearly marked.

• james_woods
    james_woods

You missed my meaning, designs. The Obama supporters understandably would dearly love to paint Romney as anti-gay...but, in reality, this is not true about him. That stuff about the "gay-hazing" when he was 15 was a total fabrication.

Believe it or not, there have been - and continue to be - many gay conservatives and Republicans.

Just like there are many Baptists who have a bottle of Jack Daniels hidden at the back of their kitchen cabinets.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Dare we say that perhaps this will be the year when John Travolta and Tom Cruise come out of the closet?

That would certainly prevent the Scientologists from being able to blackmail them anymore.

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Believe it or not, there have been - and continue to be - many gay conservatives and Republicans.

Just not on staff!

As far as that boy he brutalized as a teen, I kind of beleive he did not know he was gay. He just picked up on something different about the kid, and couldn't have that without total humiliation. The thing that disgusts me is that everyone involved remembers it, and the attackers still feel shame. Romney? Plastic Romney simply doesn't recall this silly little stunt--haha---which makes one wonder---since this does not even register on his radar what the hell else he was up to.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit