Video to Promote e-Petition re: UK Charitable Status of JW's

by cantleave 48 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

I would like you to point out the inaccuracies.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I am by no means a troll, I was wondering why you might think I was? Isn't it just because i often, but not always, take a contrary view to the prevailing one on this website?

kramer yes that's about the size of it I am afraid. I am hoping it's just a phase the forum is going through.

• cedars
    cedars

slimboyfat

I am hoping it's just a phase the forum is going through.

Are you referring to online petitions, or activism in general?

Cedars

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't know about inaccuracies, but I think even if we get a debate about the charitable status of WT/JW's in the U.K we may well fail to change the position.

You and I know that they only do two charitable acts, i.e not much and sod-all.

But, it is sufficient for them to show that they hold a Public Meeting where all and sundry may attend (to listen to some numb-nuts drone on for 30 minutes) for them to satisfy the requirement for charitable status.

I often wondered why they persisted in calling it a "Public Meeting", but that is why they do it.

If anyone is interested I will look up the relevant cases that have gone to the House of Lords to establish this.

I have signed anyway, just in the hope that some publicity results and something occurs, I am ever the optimist !

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Kramer

I am by no means a troll, I was wondering why you might think I was? Isn't it just because i often, but not always, take a contrary view to the prevailing one on this website ? Surely that's just debate isn't it, not trolling?

It's not really debate, is it, if you make an unsubstantiated comment and appear...by sheer dint of failure to do so in over two weeks....to be unable or unwilling to back up your comment with any further fact or information?

You say the video is not 100% accurate. So at least 1% must be inaccurate. What mistake or mistakes did you spot, please? Were there any? We'd all like to know.

Cantleave, it needs promoting in the non-JW community. That's the key. I might get back to my two helpful local politicians who have already signed it and passed it onwards. Someone must know someone who sees JW's for what they are. Another one I approached, though, just said,

"Most people think JW's are just religious people."

It's only when we've been fully exposed to them that we realise just how sinister the thing really is.

• kramer
    kramer

@chariklo - yeah you are maybe right I guess it's not a true debate and I don't tend to get involved in them , as though I can respect many arguments put forward on theological grounds, we can read and research and come to our own conclusions, but the sort of accusations regarding a certain elite just wanting to get rich and JWs harbour child molestors are just a bit daft...sure ther are some examples of where the society has been naive, but this is not an institutional strategy of protecting offenders ..

I wil have to reiew the video, which I will do over the next few weeks and give this thread my comments ( i am sure the rest of the board are waiting with baited breath :) ).. the problem is its a bit boring , and the production values aren't that great.... and also it wont achieve anything.. if the UK anti-JW crew want to make any impact then for a starter work certain reporters at the Daily Mail and The Sun, not post badly produced whiney videos to youtube to encourage a meaningless petition that is currently about 99,800 short of a meanlingless action being taken by UK politicians

having said that .. i guess this is this guy's ministry.. so if he wants to then let him get on with it...

But I am most definetly not a troll

• kramer
    kramer

@angus - out of interest , how did your discussions with hampshire police go , on the 'mentally diseased' issue go? Did they take it to the CPS? If so how are the CPS progressing the matter?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Both myself, and Mr Midwich Cuckoo, have signed

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Kramer, I cannot believe you just wrote, only 10 hours ago from now,

the sort of accusations regarding a certain elite just wanting to get rich and JWs harbour child molestors are just a bit daft...sure ther are some examples of where the society has been naive, but this is not an institutional strategy of protecting offenders ..

Have you not heard of the Candace Conti case? Are you not aware of the instructions to elders not only that the police shouldn't be the first people they call is child molesting is discovered, (they have to ring head office first) but that child molesters can be quickly welcomed back into the fold, record soon to be wiped clean?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/227462/1/Read-what-happened-in-court-June-19th-20th-A-summary-copied-from-court-documents

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit