Video to Promote e-Petition re: UK Charitable Status of JW's

by cantleave 48 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I haven't yet signed the proper e petition that was posted somewhere here, can someone bump it?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hi Jookie - the link below the video is the "proper" one!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

There are ten more signatures on the petition now than there were 4 hours ago.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

just signed it

• cantleave
    cantleave
    One of the ones I sent it to a couple of hours ago has emailed me to say she is signing it and forwarding it on too.

Magnificent job!!!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Politician number 2 has just emailed to say she will sign.

It may take off... we need a smiley for "fingers crossed".

I couldn't believe it when I was told that JW's weren't alowed to do that! ...and STILL I didn't get it, I kiind of gritted my teeth and knuckled under.

But anyway, we're making a difference with this.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It has got its first thumbs down!!!! I am hoping that is from an active JW, not anyone here ...........

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Possibly one of the many JW visitors or onlookers here. We know they're here in plenty. don't we?

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Cantleave: Angus, this video is well put together and I wish I could sign the petition. But because of being a U.S. Citizen not able to. There was a similar petition for removal of tax free status the destructive cults in the U.S. and I signed it but, I don't think enough signatures were received to implement this to the White House. The national debt could be wiped out in one fell swoop if they were taxed.

I was thinking that most are afraid to sign because they may feel that by their signing they would bring about the Great Tribulation. This of course is my opinion. Hopefully, everyone will realize that is inevitable and we need to take a stand for what is decent and right due to the GREAT HARM to innocent people.

Kojack

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I am sure that the trick to getting it signed, i.e. in getting enough people to take an interest, is going to be to spread it out among the non-ex-JW community as much as possible, especially among people we know and individuals who are likely to be sympatheitc.

All it needs is the right, media-aware people who will tag it (is that the right word? code?) in ways that that will help it take off and go viral.

Angus, your video is so good. It sets out really clearly just what it is that JW's do that harms individuals, the vulnerable, and families.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit