So finally jws work our road

by nugget 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

Bravo for knowing your neighbours. This is fast becoming a lost art and is proven to be one of the most effective crime deterrents out there. (Obviously Witness deterrent as well).

http://www.neighborpower.org/

• finally awake
    finally awake

The only reason I would answer the door if the dubs knocked is if otherwise they would have an opportunity to talk to my kids. I don't want them guilting my kids.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

haven't had an in depth discussion with them for a few years now, I live very close to a main line railway station and a couple of times a week I see them near the station entrance and a couple of months ago I took a pair of mags off them, without getting into any debate as I was in a bit of a rush, the mags were swiftly dumped into the nearest bin.

• tiki
    tiki

good point about the impression they make...walking so slowly and deadbeat. hardly an advertisement for happiness, security and well-being.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I last saw them in the fall of 2009, walking (or waddling) from door to door slowly one morning. I was able to outspeed them quite handily, and they never got anywhere near the building I am in.

Not that they would get any response. Just about everyone that lives in my building is not interested. They are all into the holiday decorations I put up for them. And, if the witlesses are stupid enough to come to my place, a nice "Hail Satan!" ought to send them packing in a big hurry. Perhaps so fast they might end up falling down the stairs.

• nugget
    nugget

We have a lovely gargoyle on our front step which seems to do the trick as well. And we make sure we have lots of lights during the holiday. Perhaps the frosty response from out neighbours gave them a spring in their step this morning, they probably won't be bck this way for a while.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

ha ha jookbeard! i've noticed them at my station recently (its a new thing since about march) and have really wanted to do that!!

in fact, its the station that is in your old congregations territory (sw19).

yes, we must be the only people that want them to knock on our doors

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I saw a group of jws in a grocery store parking lot a few mornings ago. And it was funny how I just knew they were jws. They didn't look shabby but just out of place, a group of folks (three or four men and two women) talking about something in the middle of the week in a grocery parking lot out in the suburbs. I watched them for a little bit, I think one of them noticed me, then they all packed up and left in two SUVs.

Jws are so weird.

• Ding
    Ding

Many householders would love to find a way to keep JWs from bothering them.

"No trespassing," "No soliciting," and even, "No Jehovah's Witnesses' signs usually don't work.

Someday an enterprising XJW is going to start selling "Apostate Inside: JWs Welcome" signs to their neighbors and make a fortune.

• nugget
    nugget

I wonder if there is a whole street down as dncs anywhere that would be funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit