So finally jws work our road

by nugget 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• nugget
    nugget

It has been years since I have seen any jws in this road but this morning when I returned home after buying a birthday gift I spotted two women walking slowly doing the door to door work.

I lamented the fact that they did not call here, my son informed me they had visited the neighbours but had missed us out. Hubby was in the kitchen and had missed them otherwise he would have gone outside and confronted them. Just as I was feeling we had missed an opportunity my neighbour called me to let me know the witnesses were about. She said. "when I answered the door I asked them if they were jws. They said yes. So I said I have friends across the road who left the jws and they were treated appallingly. I have nothing to discuss with you. Good day."

Good for her she made my day this lady is a force to be reckoned with.

• cedars
    cedars

She said. "when I answered the door I asked them if they were jws. They said yes. So I said I have friends across the road who left the jws and they were treated appallingly. I have nothing to discuss with you. Good day."

Haha! That will have rattled them, arguably far more than anything Angus could have said. They value their reputation more than anything, and knowing that others in the community are appauled by what you guys went through will have made a big impression.

Cedars

• nugget
    nugget

You are probably right. They had one little boy with them and I felt so sorry for him. The field service is not suitable for children they have no place going door to door. Mind you they were done and dusted before 11:00 so we all got a thorough witness.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I spotted a couple in my street a few days ago, but before I got out of the door to invite them in for a cuppa they had made it back to the car and were driving off.

• nugget
    nugget

It's no fun when they won't play. Maybe next time.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Ha! I guess your neighbor just made their day....

I haven't seen them in my neighborhood for years! Where is their zeal for the Kingdom as the end is so sooooooooon?!!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

There were four in the car when they drove off. A good haul if I had managed to get to them. Maybe I should get into the habit of getting dressed in the morning so that I can get out the door quicker.

• nugget
    nugget

being dressed is always good. Mind you they haven't worked here for years so getting dressed for 1 day when they may choose to come bearing in mind they go through the road like a dose of salts means that the probability of everything coming together for 1 event is quite slim. Being able to slob around in a state of undress on a Saturday morning is one of life's pleasures.

When you watch the ministry from the outside you marvel how anyone could describe it as life saving. They stand on a doorstep waiting for someone to answer and then move to the next doorstep like a pair of ill judged garden ornaments. There is little zeal or enthusiasn just going through the process.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

We must be the only group of people on the planet who actually want them to knock on our door!

• nugget
    nugget

funny that isn't it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit