8/15/12 WT--Naughty Elder's Wife Teaches Students "The Deep Things of God"

by sd-7 68 Replies latest watchtower bible

• minimus
    minimus

THIS SHOULD BE A LESSON TO ALL PIONEERS, ELDERS AND MINISTERIAL SERVANTS WHO ARE MARRIED!!! Do not take on any assignments because your wife just might get tempted to do the nasty.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"NO ONE GIVES A DAM ABOUT THE WIFE!!!!!!!!!"

Enter Billy the Bible Student...
    study
    ... ready to talk about 'feelings'.

• tornapart
    tornapart

ROFL!! Billy!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

At one point in my life, after being married five or so years and living with a Born-in wife that was suffering depression, I made a life changing decision: I thought if I became an über-Elder that my wife would be more proud of me for "Taking the Lead TM "and her depression would somehow miraculously disappear. That didn't happen.

Instead, she became more depressed as we spent less and less time together as I was caught up in "Theocratic" activities. So sad, we grew further apart as a result. She couldn't be mad at ME because I was "doing what good-little elder boys are supposed to do." She of course never ever be made at the FDS because they're "God's Visible Organization ...." dontcha' know!

And yet she FELT lonely and isolated so she did the logical thing when you're mind is controlled by a manipulative messed up cult: She blamed herself for feeling bad. You can imagine how that turned out: her depression worsened and so the downward spiral began. Oh, and of course, she would never ever go see a counselor or a therapist no matter how many times I urged her because they are "Bad, bad, bad. They are evil and from Satan's world! No, no. Don't touch!"

At the same time, as a result of being more involved due to my Super-duber-über-Elder activities I began seeing more and more flaws and inconsistencies in the teachings and practices of the religion. In short, I was learning The Truth about "The Truth".

When I tried to share with her my concerns she shut down and wouldn't hear any of it because, well we know why, if I was wrong then I was spouting "apostate" teachings. On the other hand, if I was right, then everything she had ever believed was a lie and she couldn't bear to even think about the consequences of going down that road: losing her religion, her family and friends. So once again, she did the only logical thing when you're mind is controlled by a manipulative messed up cult: She blamed ME for having doubts and then blamed HERSELF for feeling bad.

Our marriage completely disintegrated as a result. We're now divorced, I'm disfellowshipped, our two kids are messed up and it's all because of the beliefs and the practices of the WTBTS.

What they do really should be criminal.

Every single day I am frustrated that it is not.

00DAD

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Poor 'Sarah', not only does her husband neglect her, palm off the newly baptised ones he can't count his time on and not notice her 'spiritual condition', when she finally finds some pleasure elsewhere she ends up as a true life experience in the WT. 'Daniel' comes across as a major douche - he's probably bursting with righteous pride right now at being used in the magazines.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Clearpoison - Of course they changed the name. We can't have all that adverse publicity for Andre.

• okage
    okage

Anyone got a ballpark figure for when the Society is going to encourage castration among the flock?

• criticalwitness
    criticalwitness

i wonder if wife was able to count this on her time slip

• therevealer
    therevealer

As in "a good time"?

• sd-7
    sd-7

Guess that depends on whether it was a 15-minute increment, or an hour of deep, thorough study. "Would you like to prepare the Oral Review, or should I?"

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit