New York Speaker Claimed "JWs Were The Only Ones Who Provided Comfort To 9-11 Victims"

by Bubblegum Apotheosis 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

youtube user JWfairytale was in NYC at the time. He made a video on it, may want to msg him and ask him which one it is (he makes a lot) I remember him saying, that when people were coming across the bridge, covered in soot and stuff, the JWs inside were told to stay out of it, don't do anything.

JWs were rushing out with blankets and water anyway, despite being told not to. Just shows to me, that the WT hasn't fully destroyed the JWs consciences.

From me, this is just hearsay, so I would talk to him directly.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

A prior thread from someone at Bethel that day reported that Bethel locked its doors and went into shutdown. People fleeing the area were not given water, food, rest, or comfort. After a few days, the neighborhood of Brooklyn Heights was so outraged that they opened their doors.

They were not present as Witnesses during the crisis and perhaps for a few weeks. I wonder if they were included in the many mass ecunmenical services that followed. Yankee Stadium was one site. Oprah Winfrey spoke, then about 40 different religions, including HIndus, Buddhists, and Taoists, offered prayers. I get bored by such services b/c there is no sermon, only unrelated prayers. I watched every second on NY TV. No Witnesses. Perhaps, though, they participated in a smaller service later.

I attended the 10 year anniversary service at the Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine. The fire dept turnout was extraordinary. Bars opened for anyone in NYFD or NYPD uniforms. Most of the uniformed services were having fun drinking on the sidewalk with impunity. The Cathedral service had tons of chaplins of every religion. They all prayed and received communion or a blessing. I can't see a JW doing that. How many JWs would be firemen or police officers. Ten years later, the pain was palpable. The community feeling grieving was so strong. They choose no community.

Perhaps they receive an invite to participate. My mother helped the mass exodus uptown with water and offers of rest and night time shelter. If I know of one group who would not lift a finger, it would be the Witnesses. They never help their own but they are going to help financiers that figure i nRevelation.Maybe an individual Witness helped.

I wish a Bethelite would report. It was so spectacular they must have believed Armageddon was triggered. I can see them praying behind locked doors at Bethel. Praying for even more destruction at Armageddon.

I won't post anymore b/c my rage is so great. My younger self would love this story. Witnesses acting as noble humans. Never saw that in reallity.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I thought it was on a thread here at one time. I have to ck it. But I distinctly remember doors locked

• Bella15
    Bella15

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Does this "speaker" knows that the god of JW is going to destroy not two towers but ALL the towers all over the world, that will not claim the lives of 3,000+ people but BILLIONS of lives.

• wha happened?
  • Dagney
    Dagney

9/11 happened right after I left JW. I remember an email going around regarding the event and they had the nerve to say that they had to lock the doors and gates at the WT bldgs because people were coming into the lobbies. The writer said, "we couldn't let just anyone in!" I was sickened by that comment.

When I went to Ground Zero, I did see the little WT pamphlets regarding death, (don't remember the title), all over the area outside the little church were all the pictures were posted of missing people. That sickened me.

I read somewhere years ago that the Salvation Army served like 1 million meals during that time. That is a action to be proud of.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That's such a lie but who within the bOrg is going to tell the rank and file different? No one.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

with JW's, a report from a speaker is the truth. Period. With their juvenile thinking caps on, they feel that once behind the podium, it's the voice of Jah. MOst have no idea how much caca issues from the podium, as many just state their personal opinion. I remember one speaker at the sunday public meeting ranting about how a JW was in a pro basketball team, and the cong changed it's meetings to coincide with the game. My thought was, what does this do for interested ones?

It's been over ten years so the 'dubs can do what they do best. Re-invent history

• cult classic
    cult classic

I remember all of those 9/11 specials. There were numerous interviews from those who were personally touched by Jehovah's Witnesses' comforting message:

"If you think this is bad, wait til Armaggedon."

Whatever, JWs.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I'm relieved to see that lockdown confirmed...ya never know with emails flying.

At times we still scratch our heads at the disconnect JW's have with fellow humans even though we know exactly why. Reminding us again, I will find out a way to use it to anti-JW witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit