Mr Sloth and the Flood

by avatar 42 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

haha :-D. I wonder how an actual creationist would answer the question (I part of me wish there is one who read my post and go: yah.. perhaps ONE MEMBER of the sloth-kind was a really really good swimmer!), but questions about noahs ark usually dont get a lot of on-topic attention for some odd reason ;-).

Serious question: Why is it assumed Noahs ark was build near ancient israel? why not china or greenland?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think the sloths just hung out until I formed my company so I can hire them

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

Jehovah is all powerful, so obviously he could do it and he DID! OK!? So STOP asking questions and just believe already! If the bible, which is completely reliable and obviously true, said it happened and Jesus, who deffinatly existed and acctually did and said everything the bible claims he did, mentioned that it happened. AAAAAAANNNNNNND the mountains and mountains of scientific evidence prove that the flood did happen, THEN IT DID PEOPLE!!! GAAAAAAUUUUUUSH!!!

But seriously, I still find it difficult to except the fact that very intelligent people still believe this crazy tale. My PO or COBE was a very intelligent man, yet he still believes this myth. I wonder if in the WTO, each member could choose for themselves whether they thought the Noah's flood account was a myth or true history, what would most members choose to believe? I think many members would choose to discredit its historical accuracy and call it a myth. Which would mean those people don't acctually believe it to be true, but they put away the doubts because they have to. I would say my father is in exactly that possition. Could be wishful thinking though.

Indianwaaaa?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Noah's flood is one of the many stories told by the ancient Hebrews of their god (YHWH) to create power and relevance to their god.

Other ancient civilizations told great stories of their select god or gods as well.

The great day of Armageddon is another example of these kinds of stories.

Animal biology and psychics proves this event could not have possibly happened.

• Heaven
    Heaven

C'mon guys... dey wuz hand delifered.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

No you have all got the the theory wrong Noah was in great need of a loin covering so it is evident he used the Sloth as tackle covering so everywhere that Noah went the Sloth went and moved faster went it started drizzling . Old Noah had a problem though when he got drunk the Sloth decided to climb off just as his family looked in to see how the home brew kit was coming along which goes a long way to explaining why his off spring had a gander at his nakedness.

Everything in the Bible is explainable !

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Avoid all sloths! They will wreck your faith!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Evidently there were overlapping arks.

• cheerios
    cheerios

this is clearly what happened:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit