What is your favorite Restaurant in New York City?

by Iamallcool 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

We ate at Charlie Palmer's "Aureole" many years ago.

Uber-expensive but what a memorable meal.

I think we've just about got it paid off now.

om

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I wasn't hugely impressed by Katz'. I have been to better delis (Brent's) in LA.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

We've got a place on Queens Blvd that's in my opinion better (and cheaper) than Katz's and it's been featured on Guy Fieti's Diners, Drive-in & Dives called Ben's Best or Ben's Deli cant remember exactly. Much closer for me to get to, much better than Katz's but their sandwiches aren't "10 inches deep" like Katz's either.

• Diest
    Diest

I hear there is a place called Applebees that is out of this world....All of the JDUBS love it.....they said something about how they could sit there for hours and never tip.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

hey I like that place!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Applebees and Olive Garden must be owned by the same company. I pass the loading dock for the one in Times Square going to the office and I've seen all these boxes marked Chick Parm and other dishes of theirs, so all they do is just stick their food in the microwave and nuke it and charge good prices to folks for what they can do at home.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think all those crappy restaurants are owned by the same corporation. Carrows, Macaroni grill, Claimjumpers. They all serve huge portions of salty crappy food.

It's been almost 20 years since I've been to NY. I did eat some of the best Italian food ever. Wish I remembered where

• Dagney
    Dagney

(@Leo: I've been to Brent's! Very good. I'm torn with the LA deli thing, I love the old school Nate and Al's and Cantor's in LA. Don't know if they are the best, but the atmosphere is priceless.)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh man, old deli's at 4am ws the bomb back in my rock and roll days. I used to crack up at the surley old waitresses at that hour

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Dagney....One thing is for sure....Jerry's has seen better days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit