What is your favorite Restaurant in New York City?

by Iamallcool 44 Replies latest jw friends

• dyakoub
    dyakoub

This ^. Absolutely this^^^^^!!! If you want to get a natural, legal high, gorge on dark chocolate desserts and drinks from this place. It will get you blasted!!!!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Veselka is love.

• talesin
    talesin

What about the Frrrozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity3? Is it really all that?

I have been fantasizing about it for years .... enquiring minds want to know!

tal

• talesin
    talesin

And there's a famous Kosher Deli that's cafeteria style and serves the bestest pastrami? You know the one, New Yorkers!

Do tell!

tal

* lives to eat * klass

• dyakoub
    dyakoub

^^ Katz' Diner. I haven't been there.... yet. ut soon, real soon. I'll let you know. as for serendipity, you just gave me a new mission!

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, that's it! Thanks dyakoub. I'm gonna write that down, things to do when I revisit NYC.

Enjoy, and do let us know. :))

And about the Frrrozen Chocolate,, sounds sooooo good.

"Good morning, dyakoub. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to sample the wares of Serendipity3. As usual, should you or any of your I.M. Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This thread will self-destruct in 10 seconds."

t

• James Brown
    James Brown

I am sure there are better restaurants in New York city, I have even been to a handful.

But I just went to New York in March and the only restaurant I remember that many would know

about was Katz delli.

Thats where they shot "When Harry met Sally"

They were in a contest on the travel channel with the 2nd ave Delli for who had the cities best pastrami

sandwich.

15$ for a pastrammi sandwich was a shock to my Southern sensabilities.

A friend told me everythings expensive in New York.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Here's the best way to do a quick check on the NYC dining scene: http://ny.eater.com/

Two very important trends: outer-borough places, particularly in Queens and Brooklyn , are getting a lot of attention from foodies. With all due respect, Marchi's is a disaster, Manhattan's best Italian eateries are in the Batali-Bastianich empire, i.e. Babbo, Lupa, Esca and Del Posto. Lidia Bastianich's Felidia may not be trendy but it is superb. For under-the-radar French, try La Mangeoire or Cafe d'Alsace. For pizza, try Motorino Keste or Don Antonio. Of course, for a once-in-a-lifetime dining experience (and priced accordingly) there's Thomas Keller's Per Se; Daniel Boulud's Daniel or DB Bistro aren't too shabby, either.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm in NYC a lot. Tad's is not my favorite steak place. I love Capitol Grille.

I was at the Tavern a number of times and it was nothing great, very touristy.

The food at the Marriott Marquise is great.

Love 9th Av liitle restuarants and bistros.

Almost any place will make a great sandwich for half the price of Carnagie Deli.

I love breakfasts in most Greek owned restaurants. Inexpensive and delicious!

• minimus
    minimus

Room 215 is a GOUR met, I see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit