The GB is Being Careless With People's Lives

by What Now? 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe
    Sis: Jehovah will protect us

what about those 4 JWs whose car ran off the road in Texas and flipped into a lake-- and they all drowned? They were out in the field circus that morning.

And a few years ago 5 brothers were traveling on WT building committee business and the single engine plane the brother was piloting took off on the wrong runway and they were unable to clear low appalachian mountains and they crashed and burned- it must have been Jehovah's coffee break in both instances.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully the trip gets cancelled.

They don't care about anybody at all personally. They only care if you are doing three things - Sitting in their sales meetings, selling their literature, and giving them money.

They really don't care if you have a "good relationship with God" because billions claim that outside of the JW religion, and are perfectly content. They don't even care if you pray, because that doesn't help them in their operations.

Its a business.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I would make copies of the info regarding travel restrictions, danger etc and put the local body, WTBTS on notice with registered letters ( so they have to sign for them) stating that

they are endangering one of your family members and that if and when anything happens to them there will be consequences.

Could not hurt, am not sure if you are still under the radar.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I hear ya Moshe,

wit' the witnesses you can't win for losin'

if you die in fieldservice, you died servin' Jehovah

if you die while skippin' a meetin', it's because you weren't servin' Jehovah

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

The best part is they want you to be happy about risking your life on your own dime!

...to, nevertheless, further THEIR f$*^%ng agenda!!!

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

The G.B. are careless with everyone's lives except themselves. The Malawi, Mexico travesty proves it.

Kojack

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Does the Israeli government allow Christian missionarys visas for the purpose of preaching to Jews?

I thought any preaching in Israel was considered bad manners at the very least!

"Hey I know your family has remained faithful to the Torah while being persecuted and killed in the name of my religion for about 2000 years, but hey - let's let bygones be bygones - have you thought about Jesus lately? - You do know we believe in Moses and Abraham too?, only we understand them better. Here, let me explain your own scripture to you..."

That'll convert the Jews en masse.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thank you for sharing, that is a remarkable response from her to your very logical reasoning.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

The WT will wash their hands by saying that your sister volunteered for this trip...I guess she must be paying her way from her own pockets...

• What Now?
    What Now?

Thanks everyone for your replies.

It bothers me so much that my sister has been convinced that this is "essential" travel.

Like you llamallcool, personally I would love to visit Isreal and tour the holy land - there is so much amazing history there. But to travel there now for pleasure, with the way the political and social climate is, would be too risky in my opinion. That the GB is sending Witnesses there to preach a message that is controversial to say the least (I love how you put it Sapphy) is dangerous and irresponsible.

Of course, there is a possibility that nothing will happen, and the trip will go as planned and everyone will return home safely and in one piece. I hope with all my heart that that is how the way things turn out. But the GB always seems to capitalize on tragic events. The Brothers and Sisters in Rwanda? May that inspire courage and boldness in the rest of you as you carry out your ministry. I remember reading an article in one of the magazines about a young pregnant sister who was murdered and her baby taken from her womb. It was essentially used as a platform for touting the ressurection doctrine.

My husband and I get closer and closer to our tipping point. If something happens to my sister while on this trip (and especially if they were to use the experience for their own gain) there will be hell to pay!

Oh and to answer your question NVR2L8 - they are all technically "volunteering" and paying for this trip out of their own pockets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit