The GB is Being Careless With People's Lives

by What Now? 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• What Now?
    What Now?

Hi All!

I haven't had much opportunity to be on here lately, except from my phone, which I can't post from. But I have actually had chance to sit down at the computer and I wanted to share something.

So my sister has joined a foreign language group. A few weeks ago, a letter was read to their group, inviting all who are serving in this language to go to Isreal for a special campaign to witness to a small minority of Jews there who speak this language. My sister of course signed up, and was accepted along with several others in the group. Now the Canadian government runs a website which has travel advisories for all countries around the world. The travel advisories for the 2 areas which her group is assigned to are "Avoid all non essential travel", and "avoid all travel"; The reasons being that conditions could deteriortate rapidly without notice, rockets and mortars have been fired into those cities as recently October 2011, and an increase in the level of military activity in the area in March 2012. I'd really like to know what idiot at the top okayed this campaign!

Anyways I messaged my sister about this. Here is our conversation over text:

Me: Uh, have you read the Canadian govt's travel advisory? IE - Avoind all non essential travel? Avoid ALL travel for ********* area

Sis: Really?

Me: Yeah, google "Isreal travel advisory". The Canadian govt has a website with travel advisories for every country. The only semi-safe area is near Jerusalem. Its too unstable there. The north bordering ******* where you have been assigned - they say avoid non essential travel. Region surrounding the Gaza strip - avoid ALL travel.

Sis: Lol oh well

Me: What do you mean oh well!?!

Sis: That's alright

Me: Not really ... you're going to a place that's already unstable and volatile where the situation could change rapidly and talk religion of all things??

Sis: Jehovah will protect us.

Me: Pretty sure the Bros and Sis in Rawanda who were raped and tortured and mutilated and murdered thought so too. I heard the yearbook was a delightful read this year.

Sis: This is essential travel. Could be their last chance before Armageddon. And we're all in groups - we'll be fine.

Me: So if you die in a rocket attack from Lebanon (which is something the government warns about), it will be worth it because a ******* speaking Jew will have been given a watchtower mag?

Sis: Yeah :)

So I got pretty angry at this point. The level of brainwashing is astounding.

The GB is risking my sister's life and others, for the extremely remote chance that their work will have any affect whatsoever. Maybe they're just looking for a story for a paragraph in the yearbook.

Anyways it looks like I won't be able to talk my sister out of going, which is extremely frustrating!

• wasblind
    wasblind

" The level of brainwashing is astounding"

Yes it is. Witnesses buy in to those urban legends about large angles

maybe she thinks one will catch a rocket or a mortar

Thanks for postin' this, it shows how outta touch this cult is

• wasblind
    wasblind

double post

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Thanks for sharing and that was a great counter argument with "Bros and Sis in Rawanda". It's stuff like this that shows me how little human life is really valued by their master who has them fooled that he provides any physical protection. The only protection he provides is from seeing the truth about the troof.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Nowdays, you don't know what you will encounter goin' D2D here at home

The WTS believes things have gotten worse, and yet force

folks to go D2D, cause it sure ain't voluntary

There are plenty of fieldservice horror stories, and the WTS

are not held accountable because it's all "volunteer "

• sir82
    sir82

I wouldn't worry too much.

Once the GB figures out that a headline of "12 JWs die in Lebanese rocket attack: They had ignored travel warnings" would be pretty embarrassing, not to mention open them up to potential lawsuits from unbelieving family members, they'll cancel the trip.

Of course you are right, the organization doesn't give a rat's @$$ about putting anyone in danger - but the potential for a tarnished reputation and the threat of losing money will wake them up.

• 3d808
    3d808

Sad thing the org would hail them as heros if any of them are hurt or worse. The heartless GB putting your sister and others at risk.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

The best part is they want you to be happy about risking your life on your own dime!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I have been thinking about visiting Israel, but I decided not to make plans for now. I guess I will have to wait til things settled down to some degree or I might not visit Israel at all. I started a topic about it not long ago.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/223848/1/Have-you-ever-been-to-Israel

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yep, they will be hailed as heroes, wit' their faces on the front cover of a WT mag

claimin' they made the sacrifice for Jehovah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit