UK Branch visit 2015

by tamagotchi 15 Replies latest jw friends

• tamagotchi
    tamagotchi
    Anyone know anything about it? Apparently it's going to be broadcast live nationally to all the congregations this Saturday
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

The only thing I can tell you for sure is that it'll be a waste of about 3 hours of your time.

The US branch visit consisted of public shaming of bethelites, a few puff pieces about some missionaries, then AMIII making a bunch of Pharisaical rules that, in spite of his opening claims, had no support in either the Bible nor the cult's literature.

The Canadian visit was apparently more up building, so it's anyone's guess what you'll get.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

It starts at 13.00 and finishes at 16.00 as far as I'm aware.

I've been avoiding meetings and I'll definitely avoid this nonsense by G.B. member Samuel Herd and his personal lackey!

• 88JM
    88JM

It's also being re-broadcast on Sunday at 10:30 a.m. as well for congregations who share a hall etc.

• Splash
    Splash

A week after the private broadcast it will be available on jw tv.

If not, I can make the audio available.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

There will also be a "special meeting" in Japan this Saturday (April 25th) with a visiting Governing Body member. This too will be a national broadcast to all congregations.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    There will be some experiences mentioned about..oh yes, about that Barber that never wore a mack. But now, he has accepted the truth, and he wears a mack proudly. He attends the congregation meetings down in Penny Lane, He also participates in the Public Witnessing at Strawberry Fields. The people don't take anything real in Strawberry Fields, though. Some encouragement is given to overlook all that negative talk going on in the congregations. From now on it will not be tolerated when you call the Elders. a "Nowhere Man" or " Fool on the Hill"
  • 88JM
    88JM
    A week after the private broadcast it will be available on jw tv.

Really? That's good to know - will save me a bit of a headache - I've been figuring out all day how I was gonna secretly record it with sound and video (the sound bit is easy enough, but good video is tricky).

If anyone hasn't seen the interface the kingdom halls login to, it's a just a streaming video through Adobe Flash, very similar to Youtube Live streams. I haven't checked the format they're using, but I suspect it's chunked file parts rather than a static URL that I can more easily rip.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Does anyone know what happened (if anything) to Paul Gilles? I had "heard" he had a position change, and wondered if that was true. Or is he still the voice of UK Bethel?

Curious.

• 88JM
    88JM
    Does anyone know what happened (if anything) to Paul Gilles? I had "heard" he had a position change, and wondered if that was true. Or is he still the voice of UK Bethel?

He's in the start of this video from last May that's still on JW.org, so I assume he's not gone AWOL:

http://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/world/conscientious-objection-experts-video/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit