UK Branch visit 2015

by tamagotchi 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Thank you 88JM. This is dated before the removal of several elders out of the UK Branch, which I "heard" Gilles was held somewhat responsible for. Dunno.

Thanks again.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

The programme has just come through:-

Programme for Special Meeting
    Branch Visit
    Saturday April 25, 2015
    Mill Hill Kingdom Hall, Broadcast to all Congregations in Britain and Ireland
    Chairman: Dennis Dutton
    1.00 p.m. Opening Song D. Dutton
    Prayer D. Dutton
    1:05 p.m. “If God is For Us, Who Will Be Against Us?” J. Larson
    1:45 p.m. Summary of The Watchtower Article: S. Hardy
    “Preparing the Nations for
    ‘The Teaching of Jehovah’”
    2:15 p.m. Song No. 104 and Announcements D. Dutton
    2:25 p.m. Branch Report and Experiences P. Gillies
    2:45 p.m. Talk M. Sanderson
    3:45 p.m. Concluding Song D. Dutton
    Concluding Prayer M. Sanderson

Of note is that Mark Sanderson is the GB member not Sam Heard. Also, Paul Gillies has an item.

SF

• tamagotchi
    tamagotchi
    Thanks saltheart.
  • St George of England
    St George of England

@88JM - Maybe Paul Gilles has replaced one of the three directors that were removed (resigned due to ill health!) last year:-

Ron Drage 20/08/14

Jack Dowson 20/08/14

Peter Ellis 19/08/14

George

• 88JM
    88JM
    Of note is that Mark Sanderson is the GB member not Sam Heard.

Oh dear I don't know whether I even care any more. At least Sam Heard attempts a few jokes even if he does drone on a bit. I've not seen much of the new kid, but he just seems like a generic corporate-type in a suit. At least there's a chance the thing might actually finish on time with him though.

• freddo
    freddo

Another yawnfest/bilefest for those that are awake but attending (ABA).

My guess it'll be:-

Song - Listen obey and be depressed

J. Larson - The F&DS are wunnerful and give us a rich spiritual banquet. Now give us all your dough for upstate New York holiday complex and pedo protection... err Worldwide Work.

S Hardy - look how I can shine doing the watchtower and save my skin til I end up in the infirmiary cuz I sure ain't getting through to paradise without a resurrection.

P. Gillies - Branch report - look at all the literature we're printing for the Africans! Give us all your money so we can send them some more. It's not for the new holiday home in Essex, nosirree! Now who can I give the axe to to save some money and save my skin. Listen, payup and be blessed!

M. Sanderson - The GB love you - now don't you go listening to them there naysayers at bitter twisted 'postate central..

Concluding prayer:

Dear Jehovah, please keep the brothers and sisters in the organizational ark. Help them not to stray into the nets of the birdcatcher. We know that apostates are against us but they cannot prevail if we keep close to the organization.

Your heavenly chariot moves at a fantastic pace and we must keep up! Not doubting at all and we ask your blessing on all the bethelites kicked to the kerb err ... volunteering for missionary positions .... errr missionary work because we know they will keep warm and well fed.

Help us build up treasures in heaven, not more kingdom halls and branch offices because we know your son had nowhere to lay his head ... hang on a minute who put that in the script ... I mean even the small amount given by the widow means much to you so how much more would extra dollars mean if we put those in? What's that? Pounds - yes pounds here in the UK - they're bigger than dollars, give us pounds. Yes let us pour out our genuine nard meaning all our worldly resources on the feet of the governing body to help the worldwidework.

We know you support our organization with your heavenly resources and ask that we do too with our earthly ones.

In the name of your son, our lord, my big brother...

Ah-men!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit