Religiously inclined are Mentally Ill

by gravedancer 70 Replies latest jw friends

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

I raised this briefly in chat earlier today and I expect a similar response to this thread.

My opinion is that if you are religious/spiritual then you are mentally ill.

• siegswife
    siegswife

You could be right...

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

The whole F**king world is mentally ill!

Some are just better at it than others.

"The fellow that agrees with everything you say is either a fool or he is getting ready to skin you."
    - Kin Hubbard
  • gravedancer
    gravedancer

I suggest you think seriously about this.

Are you willing to base your whole life and value system on something that is not provable?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Why On Gods Green Earth would I want to think seriously about this?[8>]

"The fellow that agrees with everything you say is either a fool or he is getting ready to skin you."
    - Kin Hubbard
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

The irony for me is this: we almost universally believe people who say that God talks to them directly to be crazy. And yet, at least these people really have a reason for their specific beliefs about God.

I won't go so far to say that belief in a supernatural source is equivilant to mental illness, but I do believe that a specific belief in a specific God, is just a bit crazy. There is just no supporting evidence beyond the individuals emotions.

• siegswife
    siegswife

LOL I feel comfortable with it.

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

plm - it will do you good to think.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

[[gravedancer plm - it will do you good to think.]]

Well, since you've corner'd the market on thinking ability maybe you can teach me. [8>]

- Kin Hubbard
  • gravedancer
    gravedancer

plm - where is that smoke coming from ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit