A JW's Comment Regarding The Magazine downsizing

by Bangalore 30 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

just a stab in the dark , but perhaps the reason of the downsizing and printing regularity, is that people aren't reading their life saving crap?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

JW's cannot see their own end, because their head is stuck up it !

• Alfred
    Alfred

In this case, I think "Bye" means: "I tried warning you... but at least I counted my time and saved myself."

it just underscores the mentaility that some JWs have in Field Service... the "love" slowly fades away and counting time eventually becomes more important than saving lives.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

They will see it as that jw does, as a sign of "hurry up and join us or die"

I know when i was in we felt that the urgency at the very end would mean a short sharp message and high speed coverage of the territory.

No doubt they still do and the downsizing had obviously been interpreted by that one as an indicator.

Oz

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Talking to some friends about all the properties being sold. . . I asked the question Why would they sell in the worst real estate market in years? The answer: They must know "something" we don't know. . .

Amazing how they have created this illusion of special knowledge. And amazing how gullible people are to believe it.

• Ding
    Ding

How about, "We've said all we've had to say. Bye!"

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The GB would prefer if the word could be "Buy." The real demise and reason they are shorter started when they stopped selling them.

• sspo
    sspo

The GB knows that there are very few people coming in from the field...the numbers we see being baptized are mostly those being raised in the cult.....so why not save money and paper.

The worldwide recession is hurting the watchtower, the internet is waking up people and eventually the downfall of

"God's Organization" .

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have a suggestion: New light. "The end of the world" was once thought of as being some cataclysmic event that would have few survivors. However, now we realize that it merely means the end of the Age of Pisces, which recently happened. You witnessed the end of the "world", that is the end of one Age, and the beginning of the new world. This new world order is the Age of Aquarius, in which freedom of thinking rules.

That would pretty much be the end of the cult.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    They see everything as a sign the end is near.

They absolutely do. Every single thing that happens, good or bad, is seen as a sign that Jehovah is giving potential sheep one last chance, or that his chariot is picking up speed, or that the day is fast approaching, or that it's time to pack your little bag and take to the hills.

By the way, here's why they don't care to involve themselves in charitable work of any sort. All those people, they've had their chance, they spurned the mags, they're just goats destined to be wiped away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit