A JW's Comment Regarding The Magazine downsizing

by Bangalore 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

On one of those Pro-JW Message boards there was a small discussion about the magazine downsizing.Here is one comment that stood out.

Though the special letter read, mentioned printing, paper and the cost of presses has led to a reduction in the number of pages in the Public issues of the magazines, it makes me wonder- HUmmmm. The message to the public will now be shorter - and more than likely more direct. Yet Jehovah's nourishing of the congregation will remain. Perhaps this too is a sign of a nearing end.

I suspect it won't be long when the Public issues will be only one page and printed on one side with the words, "Bye"

Bangalore

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I suspect it won't be long when the Public issues will be only one page and printed on one side with the words, "Bye"
    I suspect the poster doesn't understand the irony of that statement.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The poster isn't clear whether this means the end of the world, the end of preaching, or the end of Watchtower. Sounds mostly like the end of Watchtower.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

funny, the JW is using weasel words against himself

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Sad to see that so many people are getting fooled by this crazy religion. Any little change and they see it as a sign that the end is near.

Bangalore

• factfinder
    factfinder

They see everything as a sign the end is near.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

See, when I read that comment, I see it as "Jehovah is keeping US fed, but he doesn't care as much about worldly people anymore to give THEM any in-depth spiritual food...we're SPESHUL!!!"

Yup...special alright...but not in the "singled out" and "chosen" way that you think...

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

@banglore "Bye" ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• steve2
    steve2

Well, at least he said the downsizing of the magazine "makes me wonder" - so I suppose that's a small start. Now if only he can work on increasing the wonder to some type of sensible thinking - that, alas, could be a step too far.

Oh well, just another sucker sucked in.

• mP
    mP

Why dont they just say, Jehovah has told us of his will and history which can be read in the WTS many publications which are available here (tm) and wants us to be wait!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit