Hello... this is me and my story...

by jamir 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• rebel8
    rebel8

Getting intoxicated once a week is bad for your mental and physical health.

"Science claims are just wrong"

Perhaps trying the exact opposite approach. Instead of trying to prove science, try disproving the wts.

Point out the many times the wts has deliberately misquoted scientists. Here are some examples I collected.

Then she will have to ask herself why she believes the wts to have any credibility whatsoever in its claims about science and facts about the natural world. Once she realizes they are not a truthful source then she will be able to open her mind.

Example:

Watchtower says: According to Carl Sagan, fossils could prove there is a Creator.-- Creation Book: Ch5 p.70

Source says: The quote in context states fossils prove the unlikelihood of a competent Creator. (Note: Carl Sagan does not speak highly of the WTS; in Broca’s Brain, he discussed the false apocalyptic predictions it made and how it reinvented its past statements when its predictions didn’t come true. He refers to this as “shamelessly dishonest”.)

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome jamir to JWN. I look forward to reading more of your posts and I am sorry about your situation with your family. Have your read books by Steve Hassan (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control" and "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves") or visited his website at www.freedomofmind.com? Have you read Don Cameron's book (i.e., "Trapped in a Concept") or visited his website at captivesofaconcept.com? Have you read Raymond Franz's books (i.e., "Crisis of Conscience" and "In Search of Christian Freedom")? Steve Hassan's books may help you communicate better with your JW family members' cult personas, and Don Cameron's and Raymond Franz's books may help you with awakening your wife.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• 00DAD
    00DAD

The org is hiding these thing from those who trust heart and soul in what it says.

Jamir, welcome.

You're absolutely right, the betrayal by the organization and its leaders is criminal. They should be punished severely.

Hang in there, love your wife and don't drive drunk. Stay home and enjoy your wine!

00DAD

• Flossycat
    Flossycat

Hi Jamir, and welcome. Isn't it so good to be able to think for yourself?

The above books and websites recommended will help you to plan your next steps. Be patient with your wife. She'll be frightened and feeling insecure with everything for a while.

Another book you might consider: 'God Is Not Great' by Christopher Hitchens. It'll provide you with some good topics for discussion with your wife - but gently, gently does it. Best not tell her where you're getting yor information from.

Look forward to hearing more from you. Your English is v good

Best wishes,

Flossycat. Melbourne, Australia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit