Hello... this is me and my story...

by jamir 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Welcome Jamir! Many people on here (myself included) are going through EXACTLY what you are right now, and many more have been there. You will find lots of good advice on here.

I hope the best for you and your wife, she sounds like she has potential. Dont forget to try and see the situation from her eyes when talking to her, that's the best thing I can tell you. That and read Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz. You won't doubt anymore.

Hang in there, PM me anytime.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

Please don't drive when you've been drinking. Other than that, enjoy your mental freedom.

It sounds like your wife is most afraid of the unknown. "If I leave, will I have any friends?" "How could I ever be able to enjoy life now, if I don't have the belief that someday I'll live forever in a perfect world?" Hurdles like that take time. For me it was a case of realizing, "If I can only hang around JWs like these, how will I ever have any friends?" And, "Would I really want to live in a world filled with only uptight JWs with their constant rules and dress codes and nitpicking everything and everyone? Could I enjoy petting a panda knowing that billions of innocent people were just slaughtered?"

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Jamir, Welcome! and I appreciated your introduction.

I have to agree that I was intrigued when I heard at a District Convention a speaker harping about the dangers of apostacy, and the DO had the example of one sister who"as we say", learned the truth about the truth. The DO speaker said, this strong sister had her faith shipwrecked in one night after reading apostate literature and that several elders spent weeks trying to salvage her faith. This DO's talk just made me think, "if this is the truth, how can a 50 year witness veteran have her faith ruined in a few hours of reading apostate literature". My question was, "how can this "fortress of truth" be so fragile and suffer demolished devestation with a few hours of reading "apostate literature"? The truth was this fragile? The curiosity was compelling and I am out today. The house of cards had fallen. I would not say that this is what awakened me, but the constant droneing of beware of apostate thinking had the opposite affect on me of what I believe the speakers intent was. (Unless they are playing a mind game at a deeper level than I could imagine).

• moshe
    moshe

Look in the mirror and ask yourself what you really want to do- then you either do it or you accept your life as it is. Hoping things work out without making any proactive choices is a decision in itself that seldom works very well.

• glentrevette
    glentrevette

jamir you need to be reprogrammed

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hello and welcome!

It's good that your wife has some doubts. She may not be a deep thinker but try to reason with her on some points so that she can understand why you don't believe in it anymore.

Best of luck on your journey.

• nugget
    nugget

If you are in a position to move away then I would it will allow you to make a fresh start. If the meetings are unbearable then stop going. Everyone reaches their own tipping point and it sounds like you are close to yours. Living a lie requires an immense amount of mental resilience and until you have figured out what you want to do taking a break gives you mental space.

• Fernando
    Fernando

A hearty welcome Jamir!

Yup, being able to speak, think and share freely is indeed very therapeutic...

• supernerdboy
    supernerdboy

Welcome to the forum bro. Hope your wife will wake up. Best of wises. For me I am manly worried about my best friend told him he said he would not tell, but that I shou "tell the elders that I have a crysis of faif so that they can (study with me[brain wash me] privetly)" fortenently most of my family hate wtbts and I will just loose my parents and my sisters, my dad is a jurk and my mom is a selfriches nob that is overly crriticle. You have got it bad man, I am relly glad you nolonger have a dodgmatic belefe in the bible. Many people leave wtbts for anouther cult which is sad. Hope you get trough it.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hello jamir and welcome! Thank you for sharing your story.

As been said here, keep thinking, keep moving forward...life is precious. Don't waste it on a lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit