A Brother Died At Bethel

by MrFreeze 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If there ever was a religious organization to be pointed out for promoting or being a cause of mental problems in people, the

JWS would be at the top of the list.

• biometrics
    biometrics
    If there ever was a religious organization to be pointed out for promoting or being a cause of mental problems in people, the JWS would be at the top of the list.

Some say cults such as the Jehovah's Witnesses attract people who are prone to mental issues. Others say these cults actually cause mental issues. One thing is for sure constant fear and pressure to perform certainly doesn't help.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Sorry for the death. Its sad and painful. My prayers.

Scott77

• factfinder
    factfinder

Mr. Freeze-I am sorry to hear this.

I hope it was not suicide.

• steve2
    steve2

Hi MrFreeze. My sincere condolences.

My understanding is that any "sudden death" (i.e., medically unexpected, not evidently due to diagnosed medical disease etc) requires an autopsy. Physicians are required by law to report any sudden death to the authorities (i.e., medical and police). I'm assuming the NY/ Walkill Bethels would have their own physicians? Any physician failing to do so would face disciplinary measures from their registered body.

"Sudden death" in young people is usually due to one of four things: a prior diagnosed medical condition, an undiagnosed medical condition or effect (e.g., aneurisym), taking one's life and substance abuse (e.g., alcohol poisoning and/or polysubstance use - without suicidal intent). A fifth and not uncommon cause is foul play by others (e.g., poisoning).

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Too young. Im so sorry about your friend Mr Freeze. I hope his family get the answers they need and deserve.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I'm so sorry about your friend. No matter what happend - it is a loss.

If it was suicide - it is obvious that he felt death was the only option to release himself from his pain. I get this. I've been going through some hectic, painful things for the past 8 months and have been so low that I have definitely thought of suicide. You get to a point where nothing brings you joy or happiness. You're depressed all the time and you don't want to talk about it because you don't want to bring others around you down, so you shut up and pretend to the world that for the most part you are ok....people do nothing!

Sometimes there is no mental disorder, no drugs, no dark dirty secrets. Sometimes life has knocked you down one too many times and you just don't have the energy and drive to get back up. You plod on until you just can't anymore.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Has anyone confirmed that this was, in fact, a suicide?

Either way, having died so young, this is a terrible tragedy.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Sent you a PM EmptyInside.

I still don't know if it was a suicide. I'll probably find out tomorrow. I'll be meeting with my parents for dinner and their meeting is tonight so I'm sure she'll probably find out then.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well,I've asked relatives who know of this situation. And the "official" word of the elders is he had heart problems. He was working in construction.

But,they admitted there was some rumors going around about what actually happened.

One thing though,some may have heart problems that may not show up, before it is too late. But,I had always heard,Bethel won't accept applications of those with serious health issues. Let alone have them work in construction.

Well,maybe Mr. Freeze heard something..

But,it's just sad all the way around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit