A Brother Died At Bethel

by MrFreeze 65 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

uhm, this sounds like a bad story in the making. I don't know of many 23 yr olds dying of old age.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

So sorry to hear that.

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. When I was in bethel a young brother I think about 30 died in his sleep of a brain aneuyrism. It was quite a shock to all especially his wife. Please update us if you learn more.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Sorry for your loss. Can you PM me the name? I just left working at Walkill two weeks ago. This is crazy...

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I've sent you a PM.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Sorry to hear that. Doesn't sound good. Keep us posted when you learn more details.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So sorry for your loss. My stepson is 23...I can't even imagine the magnitude of this loss to that poor kid's family and friends.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Whatever the cause, 23 is too young , so sad

smiddy

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I can confirm that he was serving at Walkill. No news yet on cause of death. I was told they still have to perform an autopsy. Memorial service is going to be this Saturday and I will be attending. This has led me to believe it is not suicide since they are doing an autopsy. Usually suicide is pretty evident in the way the person died. Plus (correct me if I'm wrong) i don't believe they do JW memorials at kingdom halls if it was suicide. I feel horrible for the family. They are all really good people and I can't imagine losing a son at that age.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

I've been to a suicide memorial service. They will do it even if that is the case.. They just use this outline that talks about depression and how Jehovah is a righteous judge who knows our hearts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit