after 1975 and does not know the truth about 1975. The exact opposite

is what is the truth. I was an elder in 1972 who gave up going to a 2 year

school to be a medical technician and was counseled by other

elders that I was showing lack of faith in the Society if I go to

school to get training for something that would not be needed in

a few years. If you did not endorse the time table pushed

by the Watchtower then you were considered weak and lacking

faith. How things get twisted around and how quick we forget

what actually happened during the early 1970's.

Sour Grapes

• cult classic
    cult classic

Life would have been different for so many families had they just been honest to themselves about what the teaching and expectation was during that time.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

That comment is probably in the outline. Just another way that the WT deflects blame onto the unwitting members.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and since it's in the outline, it came from God's lips.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

"some were led to believe that the end would come in 1975"

Notice the passive voice here. Commonly used to avoid responsibility. See Wikipedia:

Krista Ratcliffe, a professor at Marquette University, notes the use of passives as an example of the role of grammar as "...a link between words and magical conjuring [...]: passive voice mystifies accountability by erasing who or what performs an action [...]." The principal criticism against the passive voice is its potential for evasion of responsibility. This is because a passive clause may omit the agent even where it is important:

"We had hoped to report on this problem, but the data were inadvertently deleted from our files"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_passive_voice

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Some were led to believe....

Who were these some? And who or what led them to believe that? Did they just come up with idea on their own? Were they counselled or reproved for believing this?

No Apologies

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

common tactic is to push present truth. While present truth is available, they chastise u for hanging on to former truth, which they of course they introduced while mocking past truth at that time. Coming up next, new truth and mocking of what u presently believe, even if it was the GB's idea to begin with

• James Brown
    James Brown

I graduated high school in 71 and I pioneered because the world was going to end in 75.

I felt the same pressures you did, I was a ministerial servant and married.

Who wants to be considered weak and lacking faith?

Its a shame we were around such a sorry bucnh of loosers.

One point you are making is how things get twisted.

Things get twisted in every aspect of human life, the JW's dont have a monopoly on being dingbats.

People cant remember 2 weeks in a row let alone from one presidential election to the next, I think people in America

are nurtured to have short memories. Or maybe you and I remember because we have been there and done that,

while a young person is inexperienced.

You must be retirement age, I can tell you have a lot of sour grapes from the JW's. I do too.

I'll be bitter till the day I die. Some days are better some days are worse.

Your example of the young elder saying we drew the wrong conclusions, which I have heard many times

since 1975 sets me off, but his arrogance and ignorance will probably kick him in the rear, which is no

great consolation prize to you or I.

I have 2 elder brother in laws who would still say today, I drew the wrong conclusions

about 1975 and that is why I'm not a witness any more.

But personally, I know they are both full of baloney.

Side point, what are you doing still going to the meetings in 2012? I escaped back in 83.

Escaped with a lot of heavy baggage.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

"some were led to believe"... ALL were led to believe because the all mighty organization led us to believe. Like we have ANY choice as active JWs to do anything BUT believe. Friggen ticks me off.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The insinuation is made that back in 1975 that some

Witnesses drew incorrect conclusions about the nearness

of Armageddon, while the faithfull ones knew better and did not

hold that believe.

What a contrived pile of bullshit, of course this is quite the easy thing to say, since 40 years have since passed

since the executive leaders of the WTS. conjured up this doctrine, which was a nothing more than a corrupt misinformed lie

created to spur up more of the circulation of the WTS. published works, which in reflection it notably did.

It seems whenever the subject of 1975 comes up among JWS they totally dismiss the fact that it wasn't

the rank and file JWS who went ahead of themselves, it was the corrupt leaders of this publishing house that

purposely created the doctrine with their own perceived indulgent agenda.

There some things that when put to print can stimulate the sales and proliferation of literature,

it doesn't necessarily have to be truthful or backed by factual evidence but it should stir up are sensitive human emotions though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit