Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Sab, you're tired and not thinking clearly, take a break and get some rest, we'll still be here when you get back.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I feel sorry for you.

The conquistidors felt sorry for the Aztecs and Incas. I don't feel sorry for you. I am happy that you are at peace with your mind.

-Sab

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I didn't "forget" about Newton, I kept him out of the conversation for a reason. Einstein is much closer to our time than Newton so I don't bother with the perspective gap and frankly I think his historical perspective is too narrow. Einstien's deism on the other hand sets the stage for a theistic argument...." Sab, page 38

You're basing your argument on two - well, only ONE scientist until I brought up Newton - but in doing so, YOU'RE ignoring the gradual progression of scientific principles from the time of the Greeks through the Romans, through the time of Copernicus, Galileo, and many, many other scientists right up to the scientists of today.

Within that time line, there's been a gradual progression away from belief in the biblical "god", and to quite an extent, away from the nebulous non-involved deity of the deists, too.

But the point is, YOU brought up the question of what future peoples would think of my arguments - well, going by the pattern seen in history so far, it is obvious that scientists and the better-educated sections of humanity are moving farther and farther AWAY from belief in either a "theist's" deity or a "deist's" deity.

Bringing up Einstein is pointless within that framework. Einstein is in the PAST - and science moves forward daily.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "The conquistidors felt sorry for the Aztecs and Incas..."

aaaand that's why they killed them, based upon the bible's teachings...

Which brings us back around to YOUR mindset, not mine...

Sab's lost it a long time ago - SAb, since you claimed a few pages back to believe in the sun as a "god", then why aren't you researching to see what a "SUN" 'god' would want from you, if you now believe in the "sun" as a "god"...??

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab's lost it a long time ago - SAb, since you claimed a few pages back to believe in the sun as a "god", then why aren't you researching to see what a "SUN" 'god' would want from you, if you now believe in the "sun" as a "god"...??

I believe that God (the sun/energy) works through what the Christian's call Holy Spirit and the Chinese call Qi. Therefore what God requires of me will be revealed through that force, not through secular research of sun theology or any theology for that matter. I research God to wrap my head around him not find out what he requires.

Sab's lost it a long time ago

I would like to ask you to refrain from bringing up by mental state. It offends and incenses me and I would like to keep my head on during these discussions.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Within that time line, there's been a gradual progression away from belief in the biblical "god", and to quite an extent, away from the nebulous non-involved deity of the deists, too.

You are describing the progression of science, not the progression of mankind. In case you haven't looked God is still alive and well in the majority of of the minds of mankind. You call them all ignorant whelps which makes you intolerant. Atheism will rise out of minority status, but it will not replace God, so get your debate gloves ready for a long time coming.

-Sab

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "You call them all ignorant whelps ..."

Nooooo, those are YOUR words...

"which makes you intolerant...."

You really need to look at yourself, Sab...

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "You are describing the progression of science, not the progression of mankind...."

Ah, in case YOU haven't noticed, the progress of science affects the progress of mankind.

• bohm
    bohm

Intollerant sab? Do we need to remind you of all the crap you had to say about newchapter the other day? I really dont think this forum is a good influence on you..

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I would like to ask you to refrain from bringing up by mental state. It offends and incenses me and I would like to keep my head on during these discussions. ..."

"I believe that God (the sun/energy) works through what the Christian's call Holy Spirit and the Chinese call Qi. Therefore what God requires of me will be revealed through that force,..."

I rest my case....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit