Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    This is very confusing to me. Do you mean political decision making without God? If that is the case i'm definitely of the 'militant' nature. Why should we follow Israel down a rabbit hole with the Muslim world?

We should support an ally such as Israel even to war if need be. It would be a shame not to because they need our help, as does the entire Middle East. If we don't stand with Israel no one will because we live a world of anti-semitism. I believe in a future with a heathly democratic Israel, not a gaping hole in the ground.

If you want to worship god in your living room, or church whos going to stop you? Freedom should always afford you that.

Freedom, to me, is freedom to express my ideas without militant backlash. Backlash is fine, militant backlash is hate. I think picketing a military funeral beacuse of a Biblical ideal is a hate crime. I have no idea how to create such a law, but I believe it to be a crime. I believe that militant atheists often sit on the edge of hate towards believers. To insist the inferiority of another person based off believe is hate and hate should be against the law. To say that if one believes in the God of the Bible or the God of the Quran that that person is following an evil God is a hateful thing to say. To further it as an agenda is a hate crime in my book. I think you believe that I should KEEP my belief to my house which is different than what you said.

-Sab

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

"However, if a believer sticks to their guns on an archaic specific such as the Bible is the inerrant word of God, they are being intellectually dishonest. Willful ignorance should be highly discouraged in society, but not the idea of a personal God" - Sab

Oh dear! I don't see why believing that the Bible is the inerrant word of God is intellectually dishonest at all. It seems I'm in a minority of one then. ("Athanasius, don't you know the whole world is against you???" "If the world is against Athanasius, then Athanasius is against the world!")............. Never mind: One plus (the infinite) God on your side is a majority.

Cantleave,

Oooooooh ! Must admit I missed that post (on page 31) altogether. This thread is busy. Sorry, I shall try to answer, but its another of your long ones and I need my bed, so, I'm sorry again, but I will reply. At least I know what you are referring to, so progress is being made, and I have read it fully through, another bonus.

Regards

Andrew

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Oh dear! I don't see why believing that the Bible is the inerrant word of God is intellectually dishonest at all. It seems I'm in a minority of one then. ("Athanasius, don't you knowthe whole world is against you???" "If the world is against Athanasius, then Athanasius is against the world!")............. One plus (the infinite) God on your side is a majority.

The Bible purports to be a history book. It's an inaccurate one so on that line of reasoning it cannot be inerrant. Now if your definition of inerrant is "not without purpose" then you can just use 2 Tim 3:16 to support the Bible's self claim that it will always be useful in any time. The Bible is timeless, just not inerrant.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    As was the point that appeal to authority is a very weak argument.

I believe that too which is why you don't see me using it very often and never standalone. It's not a strong argument, but it's not worthless by any stretch of imagination.

-Sab

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

Sab,

You mean the Bible purports to be historically accurate: you know it purports to be much more than just a history book.

Where, pray, is the Bible historically inaccurate, in your view?

(This looks like it may need a new thread: perhaps not relevant to this thread(?))

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    We should support an ally such as Israel even to war if need be. It would be a shame not to because they need our help, as does the entire Middle East.

So we should pay for their bad choices to force themselves to live in the middle of a war zone, because of some religious beliefs on their end, with our blood and treasure? How does that even make sense?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    (This looks like it may need a new thread: perhaps not relevant to this thread(?))

Yeah it's off topic. I really don't feel like getting into it. I've been in this thread for 3 days so far and I'm a bit tired. Feel free to start your thread, but I won't be entering anything like that for a bit. Need time to recoup, lol.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    So we should pay for their bad choices to force themselves to live in the middle of a war zone, because of some religious beliefs on their end, with our blood and treasure? How does that even make sense?

We should support our ally. They hold the same ideals as us. If Israel was the more powerful nation and we were in trouble they would come to our aid. Do you believe the nation of Israel is in trouble? I find it funny that you said this in a thread demonizing God for ignoring people in trouble.

-Sab

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I believe that militant atheists often sit on the edge of hate towards believers..." Sab, above

Yeah, but Sab, here again, this is merely your BELIEF. You haven't based it on any FACTS....

[and for the record, no, I don't "hate" you. I feel sorry for you. Big difference.]

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    I find it funny that you said this in a thread about God ignoring people in trouble.

What does that have to do with this? Are you asserting that U.S. help to Isreal equates to intervention from god?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit