I went to the Watchtower Study with the "Selma and Steve" article today, and....

by cedars 66 Replies latest jw friends

• baltar447
    baltar447

Thanks for doing this serenity!

• Think About It
    Think About It

I'm in belly of the beast now. This shit is brutal!

You are always so funny. I'm LMAO right now.

P.S. Could this be the first JWN apostate posting from a KH meeting?

Think About It

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

perhaps u will be vomited onto a beach. Hang on to your iPhone

• cedars
    cedars
    perhaps u will be vomited onto a beach. Hang on to your iPhone

I'm sure there's an app for that - one that allows you to locate your phone even if you're not holding it when you get vomitted out....

If not, there should be.

Cedars

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

This fool behind me just made a comment saying that Selma "had an issue with her husband." wth? The "issue" was that he was kicking her ass!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh wow

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

how dare that "a rag and a bone and a hank of hair" question her husbands authority to kick the life out of her

• sabastious
    sabastious

This really is all par for the religiously fundamental course if you think about it. Take other man-centric religious cultures for example. The women in mordern Egypt cannot travel alone in the market because the culture is one where men look at women as objects and the property of a man. Raping is not uncommon for a woman out on her own. Because of the culture many women in Egypt actually feel inferior to the men because the culture sets it up that way. It's a self fulfiling prophecy.

If you tell a little girl her whole life that men are the only gender worth investing in many of them will believe it all throughout their adulthood. Many will even defend the superior position of the men and say that they are thankful to have such strong protectors in the community. The 21st Trigram, Biting Through, in the eastern Book of Changes speaks about how to overcome obstacles such as oppression:

BITING THROUGH has success. It is favorable to let justice be administered. When an obstacle to union arises, energetic biting through brings success. This is true in all situations. Whenever unity cannot be established, the obstruction is due to a talebearer and traitor who is interfering and blocking the way. To prevent permanent injury, vigorous measures must be taken at once. Deliberate obstruction of this sort does not vanish of its own accord. Judgment and punishment are required to deter or obviate it. I CHING 21

The women in Egypt and the Watchtower have an arduous road ahead of them if they want to pull out of oppression. According to the Trigram it WILL NOT vanish on it's own accord because it's deliberate. Energetic biting through brings success.

-Sab

• Think About It
    Think About It

No report from Serenity yet? She must have went out to eat after the meeting with "the friends".

P.S. Couldn't resist.

Think About It

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well it's obvious from this article, that getting someone into the organization is of the utmost importance. More so than the welfare of any individual in the organization. It's a numbers game and they are losing the game. Desparation time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit