Is this $h!t Written for Idiots?

by Yan Bibiyan 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Is it me or are a lot of these recent public Watchtowers simply rehashing the same thing over and over with the theme being "Invisible people are all around us"
    Invisibility does seems to play an important role here. Hard to disprove invisible stuff/people/events. I am also noticing a lot of recycled artwork. Did they lay off half the art dept?
  • sir82
    sir82

I will no longer be satisfied with mere "relief" from my problems. From now I want "delightful relief"!

Oh how delightful it will be! Delightful! Delightful!

Hmm maybe you're right. It does appear to be written for idiots.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I want ORGASMIC relief!

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

It reminds me of, See spot. See spot run. Isn't Spot a nice doggie?

Equivalent of a college education? It's embarrassing.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I see dead people..." Wha happened

You're lucky...

I see dumb people...

(Well, not so much since I stopped attending meetings... )

• Terry
    Terry

I asked an old JW buddy once when we were covertly eating lunch together: "So...Jehovah's angels directed all those bogus 1975 Watchtower and Awake! articles to be handed out at doors so that--when nothing at all happened---Jehovah would look like a jackass?"

He just looked at me funny and quietly said, "I'd say....no."

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Finkelstein:

In my opinion, the religion wants single people (especially women) to stay single. I always felt that the relgion knows that once a woman gets married, then all the users in the religion cannot come up to her and ask her to do favors. Somebody's husband would tell them to get the hell away from his wife!

I also don't think it is so much about the non-JW mate dragging the JW out either (the excuse the religion gives) because I know of many JW women married to non-JW husbands and they stayed in the religion their whole lives. And it doesn't have anything to do with preaching the so-called "good news" either. It is about the JW woman not being available to do favors.

Bottom line: There simply won't be enough women around to act as chauffeurs or free home-health aides or do other drudgery.

• compound complex
    compound complex

In possession of the cloak of invisibility, the resurrection stone and the elder wand, I truly have no further need of fanciful Bible stories.

CoCo

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It is about the JW woman not being available to do favors .

Well yes I agree there but you must admit that the WTS for many years took the stance of demeaning marriage ( particularly in the 1940's)

instead promoted being an active worker for the preaching work on various levels.

The WTS. at one time also demeaned their devout members to not have children as well.

This most likely was being applied as a formulated comparison to how Jesus instructed his followers to leave their families to become

preachers of the gospel.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Yep, you've gotta write it for idiots because all devouts are really idiots; if you wrote it any other way they wouldn't be able to understand.

BTW: I told my Mom that the reason why I haven't been doing my personal study in the current bible study book (bearing thorough witness) is that it's just poorly written and too incoherent, she didn't argue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit