• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

In the new Public July 2012 Watchtower

P.16:

"...2. Do angels help people?

Angels helped a righteousman named Lot.

He lived in a city that God had determined to

destroy because of the people’s badness. Two

angels warned Lot and his family to flee.

Some people considered the warning a joke

and ignored it. But Lot and his daughters survived

because they obeyed the warning that

God had sent by means of angels.—Read Genesis

19:1,13-17, 26.

According to the Bible, angels are helping

people today by directing the work of those

who faithfully preach the good news of God’s

Kingdom. (Matthew 24:14) The good news

includes a warning. Like the warning given to

Lot, it is no joke. It comes from God through

angels.—Read Revelation 1:1; 14:6, 7.

God can use angels to strengthen us when

we face trials. He used an angel to strengthen

Jesus.—Read Luke 22:41-43.

Soon God will use angels in another way

—to eliminate wicked people who cause suffering.

That will bring delightful relief tomankind.—

Read 2 Thessalonians 1:6-8."

OK, my highlighter ran out. If I bold all I wanted to, there will be just few unbolded words.

"Some people", like Lot's wife maybe. Spouses, get your act together!

"... they obeyed the warning that God had sent by means of angels". I wonder whom should we obey today, when God is sending messages through angels?

"...—to eliminate wicked people who cause suffering" That might include few hundred million (non-witness) children that no doubt cause a lot of suffering to the world.

I can't go any longer, have a go at it if your stomach can take it.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it's a net to capture the weak minded. The smart fish swim away

• therevealer
    therevealer

(2 Thessalonians 1:8) . . .as he brings vengeance upon those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. . .

Isn't it WONDERFUL. Imminently soon now, apparently, god through his angels will kill off billions of people who his chosen representatives were not able to get around to so that they could know him.

• anezthy
    anezthy

I wondered if the "Angels" changed their minds about saving Lot and his girls since later on he became a drunk and had kinky/incestual sex with both his daughters. How come that's not mentioned in the article? Just Say'n...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea and what about handing over a young woman to get brutally raped and murdered to "protect" these angels. Aren't they capable of killing any human? I heard one killed several thousand in one night, as the story goes.....

• anezthy
    anezthy

@wha happened... that's the way I read it and heard about it also.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I just skimmed the whole thing.

Is it me or are a lot of these recent public Watchtowers simply rehashing the same thing over and over with the theme being "Invisible people are all around us"

Take this one for example, the first four articles are all about an invisible man who listens to people complaining down here. Yeah he is gonna do something about it, someday. In the meantime, keep on talking to the invisible guy, and sorry about all the shit going on around you right now.

Then pages 16 and 17 are about all of the invisible people on God's side, you know the billions and billions that could follow his order to fix things, but instead God has directed them to watch people sell magazines door to door followed up by stops at McDonalds and Starbucks. On the other hand, the scary "demunz" are waving their fingers over man, (gotta check the creepy pic on page 17) controlling them like puppets. You don't want to be controlled like that now, do you? Better keep talking the bigshot invisible man who will send his angels to help you out..

Then ANOTHER 4 pages on talking to your invisible daddy, and what he does when it comes to forgetting your sins, yet he's constantly watching you to see if you trip up again.

Finally, the obligatory crack on JWs who want to get married but can't find any "suitable mates" in the b0rg on page 29. It concludes with this gem.

All such counsel shows that Jehovah God, the Originator of marriage, wants us to be happy as his worshippers—whether single or married.

Really? So Jah is cool with if it if you get married within his tiny little cult, otherwise, stay single and you will be happy anyway.

I guess I'm confused about the motivations of the writers. I mean the public doesn't read this stuff, so I know its mainly aimed at the rank and file. Are there that many doubting that all of these invisible people don't really exist that they have to keep reiterating it over and over again?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I see dead people

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    Is this $h!t Written for Idiots?

Yes purposely written to make the assumption that if you stay within God's chosen organization the Watchtower Publishing house,

your going to be safe from any danger now and into the future, because Satan and his evil influence doesn't come around

people who are in god's chosen organization, they have god's solemn protection surrounding them.

This is nothing but indulgent coercion by inducing fearful provocation.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Really? So Jah is cool with if it if you get married within his tiny little cult, otherwise, stay single and you will be happy anyway.

And this is just the apathetic way the WTS. has always been about people who are single , in that even if your lonely and have no one

to share your life with, this is still good because you can be better focused on your relationship with Jehovah, perhaps spending more time

serving him by distributing his designated literature door to door.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit