Is this $h!t Written for Idiots?

by Yan Bibiyan 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Back to the story, I remember quite clearly that the angels had to grab Lot and his daughters by the hand and guide them because they were ALL hesitant to leave their houses and livelihoods.

Not saying I believe in the myth but if you use an example to follow, choose a better one than Lot.

• Room 215
    Room 215

" the GRAND PREACHING WORK takes precedence over and above ALL things..." except, of course, a 10:00 am donut and coffee at the local Starbucks.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Angels of death will be coming out of the galatic center in 2012 like birds of prey and only those singing "we're jehovahs witnesses we speak out in fearlessness" will live thru the day to dance on the graves of billions. What a lovely story.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

The Bible Teach book states that God doen't interfere in favor of man because it would make it appear like Satan's world is succeeding...then how can JWs claim angels are guiding the preaching work...isn't this implying that God is interfering?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Speaking of destruction and angels leading Lot & Co out of it, I have been, and still am, amazed at why YHWH would use such crude methods for accomplishing a fairly easy task.

Why send fire and brimstone raining over a city if the goal is to kill the residents?

Think about it. YHWH created them and supposedly knows and remembers them (to someday maybe ressurect them) on a molecular level. If he wanted them dead, all his omnipotence had to do is maybe switch a gene, maybe give them a cardiac arrest, maybe paralyze their breathing, whatever. I mean, he had all the intricate tools blueprints, process maps and anything else requitred to render them non-existent. Why kill a flea with a sledge hammer? For show?

What he did is the equivalent of turning off the Blue Gene off by blowing up the building, insted of just flicking the power switch.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Why send fire and brimstone raining over a city if the goal is to kill the residents?..." Yan Bibiyan, above

Heh, heh... Yan Bibiyan, I've been thinking about that - and "Armageddon" - since those tornadoes ripped thru the Texas/Oklahoma area recently.

Whenever a natural disaster happens, there's always massive property destruction, but very little respective loss of human life.

Which means that if ol' "Jehovah" wants an effective 'kill rate' at "Armageddon", "he'd" better use microbes - a "super-bug", instead of all those dramatic but relatively ineffective natural disasters...

Wouldn't that be anti-climactic?

Hee hee hee hee!!

P.S. After I commented to that effect on another thread, someone mentioned there was already an "armageddon" thread that discusses that aspect of the "destruction"...

I didn't search for very long, but this thread mentions a world-wide plague in its opening post, as one possible form that "Armageddon" might take, in order to have an effective "kill rate"...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/93329/1/The-end-of-the-world-but-HOW

• steve2
    steve2

If he wanted them dead, all his omnipotence had to do is maybe switch a gene, maybe give them a cardiac arrest, maybe paralyze their breathing, whatever

But where us the dramatic instruction in that effective but way too subtle approach? To capture the mentality of the "god" of scripture, you need to think in terms of sweeping, fear-inducing theatrical spectacles. Death is not enough - torment the poor sods before the final stroke. And then declare you're the epitome of grace and love. It's the Í-was-lost-but-now-I'm-found drivel espoused by blinkered believers.

I do declare at the risk of protestfrom some that the idiocy of the magazines reflects the dumbed-down idiocy of "scripture" . It''s scholars vain 'dressing up'of scripture that creats impression it is a weighty and heavily symbolic book. No, it's trash and the Watchtower is simply one of far too many variants on biblical trash.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Is that the simple version of the Watchtower or the regular study article,because it reads like it's written for pre-schoolers?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Public WT.

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

It is insulting to anyone who reads the garbage. Insulting to your intellect and it isn't even fun like dr seuss! I mean if they would just make it rhyme it would be fun to read. *snickers*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit