What are your new year's resolutions?

by rebel8 29 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Do you have any?
  • TableForOne
    TableForOne

To enjoy my freedom

(My letter of disassociation goes in today so I can end 2014 on a high)

TF1

• cantleave
    cantleave
    I  must lose weight. 
  • Angus Beef
    Angus Beef

Lose all that weight I was suppose to lose in the NewSystem, lol.

Start paying our bills and get out of debt because that NewSystem was suppose to wipe out my debt. lol.

Become more involved in charities and events, like participating in a walk-a-thon,

Buying a car that doesn't hold 7 people. And a color that I like! lol.

Finally tossing out the last few pieces of meeting clothes still hanging in my closet.

I've only been "out" for a year. So there's a few things I'd like to do now that my mind has been totally freed from the bullshit.

I'm waiting to see how things work with my still "in" JW family members. If they don't wake up by next December, I'll be writing a DA letter on a Christmas card to the BOE. I can't force them to wake up, but I'm just saying I'll take the shunning etc because I won't live by their rules anymore. I love my freedom that I've gained this year... 2015 is really gonna be fun~!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

To refuse to spend money on things that give negative value.  Instead, I am going to continue stockpiling things against the day when the dollar crashes and burns.  I intend to use astrology to zero in on that day--so far, with Neptune in 9 degrees of Pisces, this gives me a window between April 18 and August 10, 2015 and again in February 2016 for this to happen.

This means nothing for cancer sticks, nothing for drugs that ruin my health, and nothing for those squiggly things called "light" bulbs (which can ruin your health plus burn your house down).  Yup, I got LED light bulbs during 2012-14 and I will use those.  Also, nothing for the Worldwide Damnation Fund, and definitely nothing for going to one of those Grand Boasting Sessions this summer or to Israel this spring.  I shall not spend anything on those things that give negative value.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

try to get fit, I hate to exercise.

purge useless belongings from the house.

somehow  make and save money,

and figure out how to live the rest of my life in a positive way.

• Scully
    Scully

January 1, 2015 marks 20 years since we left the JWs.  Still have so much gratitude for that decision. 

This year I've given myself the gift of being kind to myself. For my entire life I've been my own worst critic. This year I hope that I'll be able to take notice of the positive, trying to drown out the negative self-talk that has dominated life until now. 

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

1) Keep improving in my career. Now that I have my degree and a great job, I want to keep learning and making progress.

2) Rebuild muscle. My weight and fitness level are okay now, but I used to pump iron when I was in bethel. Such a waste back then to have a great body that was hidden by crappy suits and topped with a depressed brain.

3) Have more fun. Make real friends.

4) If there's any time and energy left, get married and have a mess of kids.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

By the end of 2015 I'm hoping the final loose end will be tied up for my little family to move on to a bright new future.

I also informed my husband I will be sending in my letter of disassociation. It's something I need to do in order to move on completely. I don't want to be tied to such a damaging religion in any way.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Stay sober.

Exercise more.

Once again I'm vowing to work hard on getting a novel published.  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit