2011 Yearbook= BEARDS are still for non-Witnesses ONLY!!!! Beard Fear?

by Witness 007 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• compound complex
  • Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

p.117 Papua New Guinea:

- Having lived there for long enough, I know for a fact that most Papua New Guinean men wear beards. This includes their previous (and long serving) Prime Minister, Michael Somare; as well as most of the country's top business and professional men.

Yet, true to form, the JWs enforce the no beards rule in that country, too.

Bill.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If they are afraid of a beard, what would happen if the men shaved their whole heads? I bet the witlesses would be afraid that the person is turning to Satan.

And I am noticing that there is a fad among men to have their hair short in recent years. Could it be the dawning of the Age of Aquarius?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

truth_b_known,

Interesting! Being clean-shaven came from the Greek Army. Pants came from Persian cavalry. And neckties came from Croatian soldiers.

JWs need to get rid of such militaristic pagan customs.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Okay, I gotta say this... facepalm

For an organization - a corporation - that bans oral sex, they are terribly frightened of beards...

You'd think that, with the ban on oral sex, beards would be allowed...

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

If this isn't a sign of followers of men, I don't know what is.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I am a teacher at an upscale high school in a very affluent area of southern California. Our school has a 99% CAHSEE pass rate, the average in California is only 30-40%. Most of our students are college bound with a large majority attending Ivy League universities.

More than half of the male teachers sport beards or goatees.

If any of them are Satan worshippers or rebels planning the violent overthrow of the government then they are very good at keeping it secret.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Pagans shave, makes perfect sense to me.

• St George of England
    St George of England

This all started with Rutherford. He hated beards and anyone who sported one, especially if it looked like C T Russell. For anyone that has not read this YB experience:

*** yb74 pp. 97-98 Part 1—Germany ***

But more equipment was needed. For that reason Brother Balzereit asked Brother Rutherford for permission to buy a rotary press. Brother Rutherford saw the necessity and agreed, but on one condition. He had noticed that over the years Brother Balzereit had grown a beard very similar to the one that had been worn by Brother Russell. His example soon caught on, for there were others who also wanted to look like Brother Russell. This could give rise to a tendency toward creature worship, and Brother Rutherford wanted to prevent this. So during his next visit, within hearing of all the Bible House family, he told Brother Balzereit that he could buy the rotary press but only on the condition that he shave off his beard. Brother Balzereit sadly agreed and afterward went to the barber. During the next few days there were several cases of mistaken identity and some funny situations because of the “stranger” who was sometimes not recognized by his fellow workers.

George

• anezthy
    anezthy

I believe that The Disney Company also forbids facial hair. The difference is that the Disney Co. is a fantasy, entertainment and happily mystical organization while the Watchtower is..... ..... Scratch that! Both company's are the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit