2011 Yearbook= BEARDS are still for non-Witnesses ONLY!!!! Beard Fear?

by Witness 007 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

1960's the Watchtower pictures showed Jesus clean shaven and with short hair {Watch 1954 p.511 "Why do Watchtower books now show Jesus with short hair and no beard? ....because he is shown that way in representations that are older than the traditional effeminate looking pictures..."}

Yearbook 2011 p.57 "A Bearded man named Eric showed up at a congregation in the United States {Oh God a bearded man!!!} with bible in hand....within the first week of studying he had shaved off his beard..."

P .117 Papa Nu-Guinea = " I arrived at the convention wearing ragged bush clothes and a big black beard...the next day I arrived at the Convention clean shaven.."

Do Witnesses still have "BEARD FEAR" in 2011??? Whats behind the Worldly beard? It's a sign of spirtual progress to shave it!!

• blondie
    blondie

I work with judges and lawyers and they have beards. Perhaps the target group to demonize are arab terrorists with beards. Bin Laden is gone but many remain.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

...and then they glue them on their faces for the Drama.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Wow. I hope bearded elders in Denmark donĀ“t take offence on the yearbooks bigoted view...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Pogonophobia (fear of beards), homophobia ,fear of pagans, fear of scrutiny, fear of questioning, fear of the Circuit Overseer, fear of Demunz the list goes on and on,

The letters JW should stand for Jehovah's Wimps.

• designs
    designs

Nice to see JWs in Europe, Denmark, are following their natural nature. I grew a beard 12 years ago after breaking off with my old congregation.

ZZ Top fan club

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I read a recent article on beards. It was meant to be humorous, but contained some facts. According to the article, shaving facial hair started with Alexander the Great. His soldiers were prohibitted from having beards as an enemy could grab it. If you know much about hand-to-hand combat, if you control a person's head you can control their body.

Therefore, if a man shaves he must be learning war.

Ooops!

• dm6
    dm6

within the first week of studying he had shaved off his beard..."

LOL wtf!

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

As with everything else, I think it's completely ridiculous. Business men have been growing beards (well-maintained) for awhile now. I believe the consensus was that beards looked "worldly" and didn't look "professional". Apparently, in order to please god you have to look like you're spending a day in the office . But, hey! God's not partial, right??

Here's the thing...if their god "created" them with hair in certain places, then why shave it off? Oh, that's right...we're talking about the same god that made man perfect and then decided he made a mistake and that they should chop their penises... Okay, now it makes sense...

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

I can recall people saying that beards were unnatural and that in the New Order men would not have facial hair. Grew mine as soon as I left/was duffed. That was way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth so I have forgotten how to shave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit