1914 - 2014 ,,,when the ( truth about the truth ) will be seen by all.

by witchtowerwitch 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• witchtowerwitch
    witchtowerwitch

Jesus said in the gospels: when you see Jerusalem surrounded by encamped armies then the appointed time of the gentiles has arrived,so it wasn't the first attack in 587 bce. but Jesus said the words,,,,"Will be,points to the 2nd attack in about the year 70 ad. ,yes into the future people"!So the idiots that dreamt up 607 bce. and 1914 ad. were smoking crack cocaine,because they were only off by about 675 years,and that is why you never listen to cults people!C.Taze Russel copied the 2520 gentile times from John A.Brown form about 1800, ad. so it wasn't even his idea in the first place.See what happeneds when you cheat in class,by looking over at the other students answers during a test and copy the wrong answer,and then fail?Hehehe,,,lol what a fucking bunch of losers they all are down they in NYC!1914 to 2014 ,,,,,just think people,,,,2014 is only 20 months away,so when it arrives,what will the dubs say then?See the 1914 generation is dead now!And now that they have come up with this expanded generation prophecy,just goes to show all that everything that they teach is just LIES people!

• Marvin Shilmer
  • okage
    okage

How do you think the Organization will whitewash the death of the last Witness of the "overlapping generation?" I think they'll boldly lie and say they NEVER made that statement. That all copies in existance of any Watchtower magazine that ever stated this concept ARE apostate tainted material. imho...

• 00DAD
    00DAD

witchtowerwitch: See the 1914 generation is dead now!

Almost, there's still 5 or 6 of them left as of April 23rd, 2012:

List of the verified oldest people

Of course this is based on what the WTBTS used to teach:

What will the 1970's Bring? - g1968 10/8, p. 13- 14

The fact that fifty-four years of the period called the "last days" have already gone by is highly significant. It means that only a few years, at most, remain before the corrupt system of things dominating the earth is destroyed by God. How can we be so certain of this?

One ways is by noting what Jesus said when he gave his great prophecy about the "last days." After he listed the many events that would mark this period, he also stated, "Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." -- Matt. 24:34.

Jesus was obviously speaking about those who were old enough to witness with understanding what took place when "the last days" began. Jesus was saying that some of those persons who were alive at the appearance of the 'sign of the last days' would still be alive when God brought this system to its end.

Even if we presume that youngsters 15 years of age would be perceptive enough to realize the import of what happened in 1914, it would still make the youngest of "this generation" nearly 70 years old today [in 1968]. So the great majority of the generation to which Jesus was referring has already passed away in death. The remaining ones are approaching old age. And remember, Jesus said that the end of this wicked world would come before that generation passed away in death. This, of itself, tells us that the years left before the foretold end comes cannot be many. - Emphasis added

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

2014 is only 20 months away,so when it arrives,what will the dubs say then

If one expects a mass exodus of dubs because 100 years has passed , I say ' Think again.' You may call it cognitive dissonance , you may call it the fear of being wrong, you may call it stupidity.....but they are not going to care..

When, in 1975, The Borg was left with egg on its face and people laughed what did they do? What did I do? It was not time to quit, that was for wimps and spiritual "here today gone tomorrow" types. It was time to man up , to show that we were made of sterner stuff and carry on as long as it takes.

You know, today the old ones who have wasted their lives do not feel angry, the laugh about it, they make jokes about the fact that they will probably die and see the New World by resurrection.

It may put off some intelligent new 'Bible-studies' who can see that they are false, but the die-hards? No, they will die with their ministry boots on....

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

2014 will go by without a whimper from the deluded JW's, they have been prepared for it by the silly over-lapping generation teaching, and by the WT's writing department burying all direct references to the year 1914 and its presumed significance.

They will just say "the end must be soooo much closer now" and go on serving this cynical Corporation that does not give a fig about them personally, it just wants them to keep the $$$ rolling in, and they will.

If anyone has not woken up by now, I am afraid they are pretty well fixed in the scam.

A very few may see it, but they will soon be replaced by more gullible people hoping for a "Paradise Earth".

Its a bit like Bernie Madoff's ponzi scheme. greed and self interest keep people in, they do not see the scam until it is too late.

• cedars
    cedars

2014 will come and go with minimal fanfare. As I mentioned in my recent article, the Society have already prepared doctrinal escape routes so as to extend the longevity of the doctrine until at least 2034.

However, the Society is in sharp decline, and whether it can avoid complete financial meltdown before 2034 remains to be seen.

Cedars

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Everyone has already been conditioned to let the 2014 date pass without any fuss. If anything, they will tell you that it is the 100th anniversary of Jesus Christ's return. Fred Franz himself deflected the 1975 criticism by insisting that all he ever said was that Adam was created 6000 years ago. They saw this coming almost 20 years ago and that's why they decided to change the "generation" doctrine. If the old generation understanding were still in place, it would be a date of more significance.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I think I see it differently than most here. Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but there are a whole bunch of factors coming together here at once - its not just about 2014:

The Internet, and not just the Internet of ten years ago, but the internet in the palm of your hand. Things you wouldn't have dared to google for fear of being caught can be read in absolute privacy.

The murmuring has started: I have personally heard several people express the idea that this system cant possibly go on past 2014. It has to be in the next few years. And the society has been proactive by publishing more "evidence" for 607 after hardly having mentioned it for 30 years. They see what's coming.

The numbers: even without a mass exodus in 2014, the numbers are grinding to a halt and soon to reverse in many areas. The Society liquidating assets. Magazines are now tracts. Plus, ONE HUNDRED YEARS FOLKS. IT HAS BEEN ONE HUNDRED FUCKING YEARS! Which brings me to my last point,

When your whole goal in life is supposed to be preaching the good news of gods kingdom with Christ as king since 1914, at what point do you say to yourself,"What in the fuck is going on? Where is the damn thing? It's been ONE HUNDRED YEARS." Can you really look a householder in the eye and tell them that this is THE TRUTH?

I think it will big a huge disconfirmation for a lot of people, and even though there may not be a huge exodus, it's going to get really wacky!

PS: not to say I know everything, but the things I saw coming YEARS ago even as an elder ( no more Bookstudy, tracts instead of magazines) have or are about to come to pass. Things are going to get crazy after 2014.

• witchtowerwitch
    witchtowerwitch

All of you must remember that the only faithfull left in there = the old guard, is all dieing off fast now!Most young JWs are looking at the truth about the truth all over the net and leaving,millions of them.These young folks have not invested decades into this wacky cult like their stupid old man or mom ok,so they will drop out fast as they see the witchtower crumbling!I bet a million dollars people!And their is a lot of murmuring going on inside the walls of the kingdom halls!Most people under 40 can clearly see many of the lies of the wts,but just don't talk about it,but their thinking of leaving in there hearts!Soon latent thoughts will become action folks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit