Evil Elderettes, the true Hounds of Hell!

by Bubblegum Apotheosis 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

hateful, pretentious, mindless yentas. have nothing else going for them except their own little social "kingdom" where they play "queens" and "baronesses". They stink and I don't like them.

• MyLastDays
    MyLastDays

As a born in Ive seen plenty of elderettes. But in the last congregation I was in these women didnt have much choice. There were 4 elders and they were the most spineless wimps Ive ever known. There wives had to organize everything. If you lined the elders up you could'nt find a pair of testicles between all of them.

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

In my old congegration, the Chief Elderrette was very, very disliked. Ruled with an iron fist and a steely eye, as someone else commented before. Her own daughters, however, grew up to rebel and were the demise of their father, which is kind of sad since he was a pretty nice and level-headed Elder. He wasn't vindictive, he listened, he never judged anyone (and trust, there were many chances for him to do so without reciveing reprieve), but he was a weak man against his wife. The Chief Elderrette did not believe in 'gossip' as she liked to say, and mostly stuck to telling you in your face if you did not act appropiately or what have you. She once cornered me after a meeting and told me "Honey, you need to wear more make up, maybe dress up a little more? You look a little sick without it." I was depressed, anorexic, last thing on my mind was how I looked, but the District Overseer was visiting that week so I guess I wasn't making our congregation look good, huh. In the end, the Chief Elderrette was mostly avoided and behind her 'strong woman' persona, while my mother was a 'wanna-be elderette' I got to see the sadness, the alienation she suffered daily.

I had heard about the problem about the blabber mouths. I remember two ocassions were they were actually in the 'needs' talk, so I guess that's surprising since Elders and MS are usually not publicly reprimended. In that way, I guess we were lucky in our congregation. It was their kids and the wanna-be kids that did the bullying.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

@snakey "The neck that turns the head!" Bravo!

@ MyLastDays, we have one elder(Batman) who was smashed in the head with a bat, he forgets everything, so his wife needs to remind him who he is, make calls,ect...... He is retained for his ability to keep a secret, he forgets what is said in meetings, he can keep a secret.

There are elder wives (I differentiate them from elderettes) who keep Congo's flowing smooth, funerals, weddings for the poor, meals for the sick. The evil elderettes are spiteful bitches who enjoy making digs at young sisters about their appearance, heaven forbid, they actually help!

Elderettes find fault in everyone that fails to view them as gifts from Jehovah to each Hall. The Elderette is capable of doing great things for members who can enable her husband to new heights in the Organization.

If you are a low weak member, if you are her parents(She whole heartedly practices Corban), if she can't get some glory for her efforts, in her eyes, "You can go to Hell!"

@LadyLee, nice post, you got really deep into the issue of hormones. I was thinking of the drinking water containing estrogen, SSRIs and other chemicals lowering mens testastarone. You are one sharp woman Lady Lee! Peace and Love!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Elderettes are extremely destructive to study with.

I know. I did.

• Ding
    Ding

A legalistic environment always brings out the pettiness in people.

• hoser
    hoser

btt

• Sulla
    Sulla

Well, it is impossible to avoid the social pecking-order, much as JWs like to imagine themselves above that sort of thing. It is one reason why cases where an Elder leaves the JWs his wife will very often leave him, especially if she has good alternative prospects -- the social cost can be very high for these women if they remain shackled to the corpse.

Of course, one problem for these Elder's wives who have husbands who leave the JWs is that they will not typically have good alternative prospects -- the sex ratio is generally not in their favor. I'd recommend finding another Elder with a wife who is not a good match (not attractive, not good socially, whatever) and breaking up that marriage.

• Mum
    Mum

As a former "Elderette," I can attest to the fact that there was gossip in the car groups. I was a suck-up to the chief Elderette, who was a pioneer. She used to tell me things about people, but withheld their names. I usually felt that I knew who she was talking about.

My elder husband used me as his secretary. When he was school servant, he would have me make the assignments and type the schedule. He also had me fill out the "report cards" used in the TM school. Once, after a committee meeting with a young man who was having sex (!), he dictated a letter for me to type to the Society, or CO, or somebody. Once he was counseled because one of the elders recognized my handwriting on one of his documents.

The worst thing about the whole scenario was that I got little respect. The little respect (or whatever it was) I did get was because I was an elder's wife, not for me personally. I can tell you that as a single JW whose family was "worldly" was quite a contrast to being an elder's wife in terms of anyone paying any attention to me.

Another Elderette and I had a discussion one day about the same "crisis" we were having about not being able to decide what brand to buy in the grocery store. She actually called her husband to get permission to buy another brand of cooking oil because it was on sale.

I had to buy a particular brand of bread, but I wanted to switch to whole wheat. Mr. Elder said no. Then a couple of months later, our neighbor JW recommended whole wheat bread to him. He came into the house and told me he wanted to switch to whole wheat because pretty JW neighbor lady recommended it. At that point, I lost it. I told him that I had wanted to switch earlier but that he had vetoed it. Then I said, "I think you listened to her because you think she's pretty and I'm not!" I had him.

The next time we went out in field service and pretty JW neighbor was making recommendations about the car group, he wouldn't accept her recommendations. He told me she "needed to be put in her place." I disagreed. She was not the problem. (I liked her and considered her a nice and intelligent person, and, yes, pretty, too). He was, and I didn't stick around too much longer.

Regards,

SandraC

• cantleave
    cantleave

Poor nugget never knew anything going on in the congregation, I never told her anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit