Can the Watchtower Society survive without time reports?

by DT 37 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

This is an interesting thread. You have different legal systems across the world and , given their downsizing of Branches, it makes me wonder how they can possibly manage this without radical change.

I sense this deep feeling of frustration, fear and disappointment amidst these cult leaders. Building their country club in upstate NY is a huge withdrawal from the world, seeking safety.

It looks like they are being forced towards choosing between protecting their assets and trying to dominate congegations.

Tick-Tock, Watchtower. Time is running out.

metatron

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Or the main corporation moves out of the country that has the most lawsuits against it. Perhaps leaving the US? Canada?

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

Im taking a shot in the dark here...but I think if the society dropped time reporting...attendance could possibly rise. People being called on by the witnesses say they don't want to go to the meetings because they don't want to have to go door to door. Im most likely wrong, but just approaching from another angle.

• 2tone
    2tone

I just fake my time reports anyway.

• Jeffro
  • WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

Finally WT is taking away field circus time reporting. Starting in November 2023, colporters just need to check a box if they did anything cult related. My guess is they can’t dare expose the devastatingly low numbers without any truthful explanation. Eliminating time reporting for only the earthly group will safely cloud the low numbers. Everyone else is still required to turn in time.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i foresee this will mean a huge expansion in the numbers reporting:

Brothers--the results are breathtaking--over 7 million publishers ticked the box to say they were actively witnessing--last year there were none !

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

This was a prescient post. I didn't realise that the pressure to not report hours and thus reduce the WT's culpability in certain cases was already on 11 years ago! That it took them this long to follow through is annoying, if not seemingly typical. Will it take another 11 years before they do something about the shunning of children? 🙄

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Was this 11-year-old post prophetic???? lol.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

What does this have to do with the Watchtower Society surviving? Everything is done through the CCJW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit